BandLab Assistant updated to 5.0.3

msmcleod

• Jesse Jost changed the title to BandLab Assistant updated to 5.0.3
4 hours ago, Jesse Jost said:

5.0.3 enables the 'Download Stems' feature, plus a few bug fixes. More on that feature here:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.02.html

Can we go here to see version update notes for BandLab Assistant? I recently started a thread about no version update notes anywhere and many like myself didn't see them anywhere.

Also, was prompted to update Cakewalk again since like 3 days ago [now  2019.01 (Build 27, 64 bit)], but I was brought to the same page for release notes as a few days ago and didn't see a new section for release notes for what I updated to today. Did they just add on to the release notes they posted a few days ago and I'm just not aware of the one or two changes added on?

BA is not maintained by the CbB team so releases notes would have to come from a different group. I don't the notes are available to the public.

Historically hotfixes are not reflected in the release notes. My understanding is build 27 fixes problems with mix recall and check for updates.

1 hour ago, witch_wyzwurd said:

Can we go here to see version update notes for BandLab Assistant? I recently started a thread about no version update notes anywhere and many like myself didn't see them anywhere.

Also, was prompted to update Cakewalk again since like 3 days ago [now  2019.01 (Build 27, 64 bit)], but I was brought to the same page for release notes as a few days ago and didn't see a new section for release notes for what I updated to today. Did they just add on to the release notes they posted a few days ago and I'm just not aware of the one or two changes added on?

The updated Cakewalk is available now - version 2019.01 build 27.

8 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Mark. 

I also got a prompt to download a new version of CbB.  I already had 2019.01 bld 27 (64 bit) but BA 5.03 showed a CbB update was available.

After letting it download and install it still comes up as 2019.01 bld 27 (64 bit).

The previous build was 2019.01 build 24. Build 27 came out in the last few hours.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

The previous build was 2019.01 build 24. Build 27 came out in the last few hours.

Thanks Mark and apologies, you are quite correct. That'll teach me for not reading my own sig 😳

I will edit my post so as not to cause confusion. Sig also now updated.

Thanks bakers!

Edited by ZincT

12 hours ago, Jesse Jost said:

5.0.3 enables the 'Download Stems' feature, plus a few bug fixes. More on that feature here:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.02.html

Self update fails with the following log entries:

[2019-01-24 00:15:17.606] [info] Checking for update
[2019-01-24 00:15:18.613] [info] Found version 5.0.3 (url: BandLab Assistant Setup 5.0.3.exe)
[2019-01-24 00:15:18.619] [error] Error: TypeError: analytics.send is not a function
    at NsisUpdater.autoUpdater.on (C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\app.asar\updater.js:21:13)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at NsisUpdater.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at NsisUpdater.onUpdateAvailable (C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\src\AppUpdater.ts:375:10)
    at C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\src\AppUpdater.ts:361:10
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater.doCheckForUpdates (C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\src\AppUpdater.ts:348:34)
    at C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\src\AppUpdater.ts:287:25
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at runCallback (timers.js:789:20)
    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:751:5)
    at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:722:5)
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater._checkForUpdates (C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\src\AppUpdater.ts:282:33)
    at NsisUpdater.checkForUpdates (C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\src\AppUpdater.ts:221:35)
    at checkForUpdates (C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\app.asar\updater.js:33:15)
    at EventEmitter.ipcMain.on.ipcEvent (C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\app.asar\index-win.js:146:36)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at WebContents.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\bandlab-assistant\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\web-contents.js:286:13)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at WebContents.emit (events.js:214:7)