Mix Recall not working - Can't Save Scene or Save As New Scene

Doug Osborne

Question

Mix Recall stopped working, possibly with the 2019.01 update.

In new projects and in existing projects with Scenes already saved, Mix Recall won't work. The Save Scene and Save as New Scene buttons are greyed-out, and the Recall Previous Scene button is lit but not functional. The drop down menu Save and Save As selections are shown, but they don't do anything. Reset Mix works as expected.

Projects with existing Scenes show the scenes in the drop down, but clicking on them does nothing.

• Like 2

13 answers to this question

I have the same problem - Mix Recall buttons greyed out and drop-down "save mixscene" does nothing. I ran an update, and ws told "You are up to date! 25.01.0.24 is the latest available version." So I'm afraid the update hasn't worked for me. Pity, as I was hoping to use this on a particularly complex project at the moment.

Mix Recall Problem.JPG

My MIX RECALL is also broken. I had the current version but it still doesn't work so I uninstalled/reinstalled via Assistant the same current version (build 24) and it still doesn't work. The camera thingy stays greyed out so I can't save a mix. Any ideas? I guess I  may need to reboot...

Rebooted and still doesn't work, boohoo!

May 1, 2019

Edited by user390096

1 hour ago, user390096 said:

My MIX RECALL is also broken. I had the current version but it still doesn't work so I uninstalled/reinstalled via Assistant the same current version (build 24) and it still doesn't work. The camera thingy stays greyed out so I can't save a mix. Any ideas? I guess I  may need to reboot...

Rebooted and still doesn't work, boohoo!

May 1, 2019

This was a known issue in 2019.01 build 24.  Build 2019.01 27 fixed it.

The current version is 25.03.0.20 (2019.03)

Edited by msmcleod

13 hours ago, msmcleod said:

This was a known issue in 2019.01 build 24.  Build 2019.01 27 fixed it.

The current version is 25.03.0.20 (2019.03)

Thanx for the info msmcloud. Hmm... I finally got the "Assistant" to update itself which always seemed to hang at about 95% complete when it was trying to load, and then Assistant supposedly updated Sonar to 25.03.0.20 aka 2019.03 (Build 20) and now Mix Recall "tries" to work. Unfortunately, it crashes every time I try to change the scene. On it's way to closing down the Sonar program an error pop-up tells me that it doesn't like my new Fab Filter plugins. Hmm...Always something!

PS I don't see build "27" anywhere.

Edited by user390096

2 hours ago, user390096 said:

Thanx for the info msmcloud. Hmm... I finally got the "Assistant" to update itself which always seemed to hang at about 95% complete when it was trying to load, and then Assistant supposedly updated Sonar to 25.03.0.20 aka 2019.03 (Build 20) and now Mix Recall "tries" to work. Unfortunately, it crashes every time I try to change the scene. On it's way to closing down the Sonar program an error pop-up tells me that it doesn't like my new Fab Filter plugins. Hmm...Always something!

PS I don't see build "27" anywhere.

Build 27 was a hot-fix release, released on Jan 22nd (maybe the 23rd) - less than a week after build 24.  Put it this way, the file date says the 22nd, but I installed it on the 23rd.

It was released specifically to fix the MixRecall issue.

I don't know exactly what all of the MixRecall issues were in build 24, but maybe snapshots created using that version are corrupt somehow and can't be used. That would certainly explain why a hot-fix version was released so quickly.

Have you tried creating a new snapshot in the latest version and trying to recall that?

• Like 1