Jump to content
AndyB01

Sunrise

Recommended Posts

This is a longer (and I think now completed) version of one I posted a snippet of a couple of months back as I was undecided whether to continue with it or not. It's a mix of original riffs and some EzKeys loops (mainly from the Prog midi pack) and a whole heap of different instruments - I may have gone a little crazy with tracks, drums and time sigs (there's a 6/8 section in there and 9/8 one as well I think) but on the upside, at least there's no vocals. 😂

See what you think - it kind of meanders a bit and doesn't really go anywhere but I kind of don't mind that too much as I wasn't aiming at anything specific (other than a change from my usual stuff) and I had a whole heap of fun of making this.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diggin’ the drums that’s for sure; EZD there? Cool the way you broke it down just before the 2 minute minute mark, and again about 3. I kept waiting for the groove to return, but always leave ‘em wanting more!

Thumps up for sure from me. 

Tom

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't sleep last night so looked here and was able to listen to your song as the sun came up..  It's a beaut here in PDX.  Really cold though.  Good one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Diggin’ the drums that’s for sure; EZD there? Cool the way you broke it down just before the 2 minute minute mark, and again about 3. I kept waiting for the groove to return, but always leave ‘em wanting more!

Thumps up for sure from me. 

Tom

Yeah well guessed Tom, EzD is spot on - it's my go to VST for drums because it is just so easy to use and I actually think the kits sound great. I know folk rave about SD3 but I'm fine with EzD . The groove could always come back - there's surely potential for at least another 30 minutes worth of creativity...!  🤣😂

3 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Didn't sleep last night so looked here and was able to listen to your song as the sun came up..  It's a beaut here in PDX.  Really cold though.  Good one!

Thanks David - not sure this is music to go sleep to so I doubt it will do much for your insomnia but appreciate the listen as always.

3 hours ago, amiller said:

‘Enjoyed the time changes.😊👍

Thanks @amiller well it is supposed to be a sort of homage to Prog so you kind of have to (although that 9/8 section was tricky) - could do with some of your sublime guitar chops over the last section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy
Very enjoyable listening to the meandering music. I was really getting into it around 2:50 because of that cool little melody starting up. I think that could be developed some more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Andy
Very enjoyable listening to the meandering music. I was really getting into it around 2:50 because of that cool little melody starting up. I think that could be developed some more.

Cheers Bjorn - glad you enjoyed it - I'll bear that in mind if I do any more work on this. Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...