Jump to content
Bronxio

Access to Studio Instruments

Recommended Posts

Hi, I've instaled the Studio Instruments Suite, but I can't find the four plug-ins inside Cakewalk. They don't appear in the virtual instruments module, as my other manually installed plug-ins. So, where are them? How can I reach the Studio Instruments ones?

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bronxio said:

Hi, I've instaled the Studio Instruments Suite, but I can't find the four plug-ins inside Cakewalk. They don't appear in the virtual instruments module, as my other manually installed plug-ins. So, where are them? How can I reach the Studio Instruments ones?

Cheers,

Have you gone to Preferences | File | VST Settings and done a Reset and Scan (in that order)

Edited by Promidi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it mean that they should appear in the virtual instruments list with my other plug-ings? Oh...

"Reset" means I must loose my user presets, and I made ones for the acustic compensation (several frequencies). Can I save them in any way before doing that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all the content on each Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments folder (in "SI-Electric Piano" in this case). For those who got the Studio Instruments installed, don't you have any .dll file in there? Because I have no one.

imagen.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plug ins are stored in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins.

Just do a rescan after installing them.

 

9 hours ago, Bronxio said:

The virtual instruments module ?

The what now ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments" is data folders of Studio Instruments.
.dll files are in each plugin name folder in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins". and this path is default VST scan path. So Studio Instruments should be scanned automatically when Cakewalk startup if you are using default settings.
If it's not still appearring as VST instruments, click "Scan" or "Reset" and then "Scan" at VST Settings in the prefference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply. I've made a lot of rescans and they never show up.

 

4 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

The what now ?

 

I wanted to mean the virtual instruments list. That zone in Cakewalk where I can see my installed plug-ins.

I'll try a manual uninstall and re-install, now then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HIBI said:

"C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments" is data folders of Studio Instruments.
.dll files are in each plugin name folder in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins". and this path is default VST scan path. So Studio Instruments should be scanned automatically when Cakewalk startup if you are using default settings.
If it's not still appearring as VST instruments, click "Scan" or "Reset" and then "Scan" at VST Settings in the prefference.

Ah, I've found them, thank you. Yes, that folder is included in the Cakewalk plug-ins folders. But I can't understand why they don't show up. I'll try uninstalling and re-installing first, because reseting the VST plugins means to lose my presets, and I have some that I prefer not to re-make. I'll tell after the test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Studio Instruments should appear as VST Instruments (VSTi) in the Cakewalk Plug-in Manager. (Open from Utilities menu)
If those plugins are listed in there, scan was already succeed.

Edited by HIBI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bronxio said:

because reseting the VST plugins means to lose my presets

I don't think presets are erased, I think its configurations.

From the documentation-

Note: if you configure an audio effect as a synth, this setting will be erased and you will need to reapply the setting. Please keep this in mind when performing the below steps.

 

You can also try Rescan failed plug ins in the VST preferences.

Also as @HIBI Mentioned, make sure your getting those plug ins from the VST-I listed and not VST listed plug ins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found them. They appear as 32-bit FX plug-ins. I've wrote to support, I guess they should be recognized as (64-bit?) instruments instead, so I think something is wrong.

Studio Instruments.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My SI instruments are definitely 64bit

Did you install them using Bandlab Assistant? (assuming you are using Cakewalk by Bandlab)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, scook said:

A VST Reset has nothing to do with plug-in presets.

 

Cakewalk' message when I press "reset" doesn't seem to say that. "Perderá todos los ajustes de configuración personalizados" could be translated as "You will lose all the presets". I think it's very clear about this (reset not equal to re-scan)

Thank you for the similar thread. I'll wait to the support answer and, if they tell me I must do that, I'll do it, despite I may lose my presets (maybe I can export them?)

imagen.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The message refers to modifications to the plug-in properties settings not plug-in presets. Each VST plug-in has a properties page like this one

41iOcx0.png

This page is accessed from the VST2/3 drop down in the standard header above the plug-in UI and from the plug-in manager.  These settings are stored in the VST Inventory.  A VST reset clears the inventory then rebuilds it by scanning all the plug-ins. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While a VST reset is the easiest solution, forcing a re-scan of existing plug-ins may work. This option is on the same preference page. It should be enabled just for the manual scan then turned off after the scan. Do not leave re-scan options enabled after running the manual scan to address this issue.

If a re-scan does not update the registry properly another method which avoids a running the Reset option is

  • manually move the dlls out of the scan path,
  • run a manual scan to clear out the bad registry entries,
  • replace the dlls in the scan path and
  • run another manual scan to rebuild the registry for these plug-ins.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/17/2019 at 11:09 PM, scook said:

The message refers to modifications to the plug-in properties settings not plug-in presets. Each VST plug-in has a properties page like this one

41iOcx0.png

This page is accessed from the VST2/3 drop down in the standard header above the plug-in UI and from the plug-in manager.  These settings are stored in the VST Inventory.  A VST reset clears the inventory then rebuilds it by scanning all the plug-ins.

Ok, you were right. I've reset the plugins and my presets are still there. Problem fixed with just that reset! Thank you all! ☺️👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic got me looking for the Studio Instruments as well. I can see the  .BMP files for each instrument but don't have a Studio Instruments folder. I've searched for the .dll files as well, nada.  I'm running 2019.09.

I also checked Bandlab assistant for an install/reinstall. Nothing there either.

Any way to reinstall the Studio Instruments? Anything else I can do?

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am experiencing the same problem. Tried with a re-install but nothing... I can see the DLLs, they are seen, but no luck :(

 

Any idea how to work this around?

 

Please ignore - I have solved it with a reset...apparently way more powerful than a fresh install 😮

Edited by Luca Martinengo
SOLVED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...