How do I sustain the piano notes on the virtual piano whilst playing?

Screenshot(81).thumb.png.86ddf171399510f1565d282b3455f01d.png

I'm using this virtual piano and I can't figure out how to make it sustain each note while playing. I'm using launchkey mini as a midi controller. 

2 hours ago, Jenna said:

So since my midi controller can't have a pedal added, how exactly do I edit the notes in the PVR?

I don't know about the PRV, but in the Staff View, you just click the Pedal button and then click it in below the staff wherever you want it, depending on Snap values. You can also grab the Off message (asterisk) and drag it for either a longer or shorter sustain time.

sustainpedaluse.jpg

Edited by 57Gregy
Clarification.

5 hours ago, Jenna said:

So since my midi controller can't have a pedal added, how exactly do I edit the notes in the PVR?

Also bear in mind that you can add audio FX to the output of a virtual instrument and map the controls on the launchkey mini (via MIDI learn) to control the sustain on the audio FX you choose.

6 hours ago, Jenna said:

My controller does have a footswitch pedal input, but I also mapped a knob on the controller to CC64 to latch onto (i.e., sustain) notes that have been turned on for the current MIDI channel the controller is setup to play.

Not sure if your controller has knobs, sliders, or buttons that can be mapped to different CCs, but if so, this is another option.

I don't use the PRV on a regular basis, but you can use an automation lane set to CC64/Hold 1/Sustain to draw the sustain on and off. 

Another option is to use CbB's built-in Virtual Controller and use the hold button on that in addition to using your hardware controller to play notes.  

I suppose another option is to lengthen the notes in the PRV.

Edited by User 905133
to add another possible option using the length of notes in the PRV

Honestly the only real solution is to use a controller that has a sustain pedal input. 
Especially if you are an actual piano/ Keyboard player. 

The difference is in accurately capturing a real musical performance vs creating music mechanically by using software manipulation. 

If you are a good musician then the best recording will be the former and having a good instrument is critical to achieve proper results. This is the easiest approach. 

Otherwise you have to learn a lot more about the software It takes a lot of time to learn to use the tools to alter a pour quality  recording and polish it into something that you are happy with. 

What is the make and model of your keyboard? Possibly there’s an alternative way to make it sustain.

Edited by John Vere