Mixing a live band set - any tips?

Gatters

I have no wisdom to impart here, but I have been reading this and wondering about Mix Recall.

My impulse would be to split the set into project-per-song just because it seems so unwieldy the other way, and I am wondering if one did it that way if Mic Recall can be used across projects.

The idea being that yes, there should be an overall consistent sound, but individual songs may need different EQ, compression, transient shaping, etc. The players may switch instruments and so forth. So set up a mix with the most representative song, then use Mix Recall to apply it to the rest of the song/projects, with whatever tweaking is necessary.

Is this doable?

There's a few things you could do with Mix Recall.

If you saved a scene for each song, you could just do Export Audio and have it do an export for each scene automatically. Yes, this would export the entire show each time, each with the different settings, and you would need to open up each version and trim it later in a WAV editor, but if you're running out the door to see a movie or something, it's click and forget and CbB could just go do its thing while you're out.

Or you could set up a scene for each song, enable it and save as a different song revision, and trim off the start and end in CbB.

Or if you just want to do it manually, do what Noel suggested and set up a scene for each song, select that song on the timeline and export the selection, then pull up a new scene for the next song and so on.

If I was doing things across newly made projects, I'd tend to use Track Templates instead, if I wasn't working from an initial common template and saving different sections as their own thing.

Edited by Lord Tim