Billy Ran Off

Sailor55

Thanks for commenting and even more thanks for pointing this issue out. Although the tune was mixed in stereo it sounds quite mono because of three really dumb mistakes on my part (which have all been fixed with a new mix now uploaded).

1. I was using a mono VU meter on the drum track (AD2) which I'd neglected to remove. That rendered the whole drum track as mono.
  2. One of rack effects in 'Guitar Rig 5' was set to mono, thus, the entire lead guitar track was rendered as mono.
  3. The CLA vocal effect was using the 'mono/stereo' version rather than the 'stereo' version. Thus, the whole vocal track as rendered as mono.

And there's the biggest reason to post things. One gets so hung up in composition that glaring production mistakes get overlooked. Thanks again!

Thanks for the great feed back everyone.

KSband: I agree. A little crispy. I've tried to address that somewhat in the multi-band eq on the master bus.

Bjorn: I also agree. Those toms really are (were) a bit over the top. I've now dialed them back some.

treesha: Thanks so kindly. The lead guitar was played by a friend. I did the rest. Except, you can thank Melodyne for the background vocal bits.

Cheers all...  - Dan