Bounce to clips problem

KSband

I've had a weird problem a couple time where the bounce to clips has not worked right after using audio transients to edit my bass lines. This time after bouncing it took a run of bass notes and turned it into a strange digital buzzing single note. I did an undo and tried it again but this time it froze the program. I've had this happen a few times and had to just re-do the performance.

Over the years, I've found the various algorithms can produce various anomalies on various parts of a track. I've also seen cases where it sounds good in real time but gets worse when rendered, even using the same realtime algorithm. In that case, you can do a realtime bounce to another track. I've always attributed these isses to the algotithms themselves, but it's hard to know.

One other issue I've encountered with audio stretching is that it can interact badly (distortion/buzzing/clipping) with the 64-bit Double Precision Engine (possibly in combination with certain plugins) so you might try disabling that.

I've ocassionally encountered hangs/crashes over the years while editing with Audiosnap tools  - mostly in clip mapping as opposed to transient editing - but never on rendering that I can recall.

If you can get even a semi-consistent repro, you should send it to the Bakers.

Had to google what the Double Precision Engine is, I'll check if it's on.  I had to re-do some of my bass track yesterday because a part would not let me manipulate it with the transients. Hard to explain it's behavior, it would over stretch really big with any movement of the marker, there was other weird stuff. I had to delete the track. There definitely are some bugs in Cakewalk.