Cakewalk and Mackie MCU Transport , keyboard bindings , MIDI messages

freddie_tane

Question

hi Forum Folk -

I've used Sonar, now CbB, for many years, very handy with using the computer keyboard for navigation (moving from marker to marker with the CTL+Shift+PgUp/PgDown, and have always preferred the ability to engage/disengage record mode with the R key, play & stop with spacebar, and of course to setup KeyBindings.

Having ventured into the world of control surfaces, with the Mackie MCU Pro - it's setup as a Control Surface, and the transport works fine, but how can I find guidance (or program into the MCU) to the equivalents? Especially work-alikes to the computer keyboard's transport functionalities for moving from marker to marker?

Also, is there an MCU equivalent to how the Cakewalk R key works? In other words, press R and the transport both engages Record and begins to roll, press R again and the transport disengages Record but continues to roll.

Lastly, another question related to MCU transport - I have it attached to the PC via USB, so that is MIDI Port #1, therefore surely it must be sending MIDI messages into Cakewalk. 

Does it also send those same transport messages out on the MIDI Ports #2,3,4 ?

I've seen references to a chart of the Mackie protocol MIDI note messages that are sent on Channel 1 ( Play = A#6 127 , Record = B6 127) -- are those transport messages transmitted by MCU on Channel 1 and output on its MIDI Ports #2,3,4 ?

Thanks for any advise , resource info, and so on!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet