BR: Windows Screen Scaling Affects Menus

sjoens

When using the Inspector to change MIDI Bank & Patch selections, both menus get cut off at the bottom.

53 - 63 & 118 - 127 are MIA on 2560x1080 screens when Windows Display Scale is set to a % other than (Recommended) value. (edit)

inspector-menus1.thumb.jpg.f00168ca2d9385e48e0f18a1a536d935.jpg

Edited by sjoens

• 2 weeks later...

Memory laps... 9_9

This is a screen scaling issue and happens even when CbB is on screen #2 @100% and screen #1 is @125%.  Weird.

Both screens have to be @100% to correct it, but I need screen #1 @125% to see it. 

AFAIK this is the only bug resulting from screen scaling.

Edited by sjoens

• sjoens changed the title to BR: Screen Scaling Affects Menus

I remember a discussion of a similar issue probably within the past year (maybe 6 to 12 months ago). Is it safe to assume you are bringing this up so the developers will look for the same issue in Cakewalk Sonar and make sure its not there (and to fix it if it appears in Cakewalk Sonar)? 

If it would be helpful, I could try to find the thread I am remembering. 

It was probably me...

10 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Is it safe to assume you are bringing this up so the developers will look for the same issue in Cakewalk Sonar

No doubt it will carry over.  I just reported it because I didn't know why it happens.  Then I fooled with display setting and found the answer.  But probably no point in further reports as CbB is now obsolete.

My guess is those menus are linked to Windows instead of the app??  They upgraded some of the main menus but not this one.

I may just resign to using the obscure, overlooked, hiding in plain sight, Patch Browser. 

18 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I remember a discussion of a similar issue probably within the past year (maybe 6 to 12 months ago).

It wasn't as difficult to find as I thought it would be:

On 4/25/2023 at 8:10 AM, User 905133 said:

This was just a quick test, my windows display setting is at 100%, and the console patch list goes from the top of my screen to the bottom. Not sure if its off my screen, though.  

BUT WAIT!!!  I just slid CbB to my second monitor which is smaller and has a different resolution size so things look bigger on that monitor.  Column 1 goes to 36, column 2 starts at 54. Column 2 goes to 91, column 3 starts at 108.

I don't have time (nor am I awake enough) to problem-solve this, but I hope something here helps.  At least you know its not just you.

UPDATE: I lied.  I thought of a quick test.  On Mon 2, I changed the display resolution to the recommended size (which makes it too tiny for my old fart eyes), but column 1 is now None --> 52, column 2 is now 54 --> 107, and column 3 is now 109 --> 127.

UPDATE 2: Another quick test; changed display resolution to 800 x 600.  Everything is too big and distorted, and not much fits on the screen, but BINGO!!!!  The console patch list is as follows:  Column 1:  None --> 28; Column 2:  54 -> 83; Column 3: 108-> 127.

Thanks.  I vaguely remember that. 9_9

At least for me it's a Display Scaling issue when set to a value other than (Recommended).

And as Bruno mentioned, SI Instruments along with other older Cake instruments also suffer from a form of 'menuitis'.

Edited by sjoens

• sjoens changed the title to BR: Windows Screen Scaling Affects Menus