split clip grayed out

charles kasler

I can't reproduce this.  Looks like your right-click menu thinks there's no selected clips when the track shows there is.  Could be a project related bug.

@mark skinner - Hovering over the upper half invokes the Move tool while the lower half invokes the Selection cursor.  How are you getting the Split tool that way?

Edited by sjoens

It appears it's Track 2,  which is both selected and in focus.  But apparently his menu thinks it's not maybe due to a Regional FX as David Baay mentioned.

Whenever I right-click a clip to get the menu, the track/clip is automatically focused & selected.

If it's not in Regional FX, I would try it on other clips and other projects to confirm it's not a project glitch.

Edited by sjoens

On 11/9/2023 at 11:04 PM, sjoens said:

@mark skinner - Hovering over the upper half invokes the Move tool while the lower half invokes the Selection cursor.  How are you getting the Split tool that way?

I have No idea .  I have been doing it that way for years..  After about an hour of splitting clips this morning ..  it suddenly Stopped working ! I had just gone thru a workspace issue where I couldn't bring up the console view , and it Was on a bounced melodyned clip. So , one or more of these probably had something to do with the split behavior changing. I had to revert to the edit split tool . I'll try to sort it out later today and will try the alt/left click and a different project.            Responding to this thread may have just Jinxed me..                  ms

Edited by mark skinner

I'm on the latest 2023 update. When I did the update a few weeks ago my custom workspace settings got lost. I had to do a custom one (before the last update) to get my console view to load up.  I just opened another project , I now have to use the alt/left click to do a split on any track (as it should be) Still can't get my console view up unless I use the "mix"  in workspaces. Something suddeny changed. I'll look further and start a new thread if I can't get it.     

Sorry Charles , didn't mean to hijack this thread  , I hope your problem got solved..      mark