Drum libraries with obscene amount of cymbals and other metallic tones etc?

Kirean

Seems like a lot of drum libraries are quite conservative with the amount of available cymbal setups and other peculiar clangs and clongs. Are there any packs and whatnot where one might think "Maybe that's a bit too excessive?" or "Why does he need all those golden plates and metal objects?" GetGood Drums' Invasion seems like one, but any others?

I’ve been on a quest for a ride cymbal that actually sounds like a ride cymbal and not a crash. I think I’ll just record my own someday. I did this about 15 years ago but I lost the folder in a hard drive failing. I recorded my whole kit and it was cool to play it using Session Drummer. 

21 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

Battery 3 had two full sets of just cymbals with velocity layers that were really excellent, along with the best full brush kit ever, IMO. But I lost the loader SW years ago and have been searching since.

Yes - I also still use the Battery 3 libraries a lot, and the cymbals definitely are useful. As it is, Battery 4 seems like a step back - I hope the app isn't on its way out or something. I'm glad I have managed to archive and migrate my original Battery 3 library material, as it still authorizes (so far) with my NI account.

The other good thing with Battery, is that just as @John Vere outlines, you can record your own custom samples and set them up easily for MIDI playback. _Again though, hopefully that app will last a while longer, sometimes I'm not so sure. Perhaps I should export my Battery cymbals samples to files, and then use other samplers to play that back when needed... planned obsolescence mitigation? 😬