It's Not Your Business

freddy j

Recently I have been having difficulty in categorizing genre for the stuff that I have been working on.  This song is also giving me the same issue.  This is a simple song using just guitars, bass and drums (old school).  It is intended to be just a bit of fun with some observations and a wee bit of a message.

As always comments, suggestions, crit.'s, etc.  will be very much appreciated!

Thanks!!

IT'S  NOT  YOUR  BUSINESS

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rikkie said:

Freddy, nice one, enjoyed it. Classic Freddy.

Yep!

15 hours ago, freddy j said:

been having difficulty in categorizing genre for the stuff that I have been working on

Not your "job" Freddy!
Let the "critics" handle that.
Write, record and post...

t

• 2 weeks later...

I like the style of this song and the fact that you're stretching those creative muscles!  It's like comfort food for the soul.  On the technical side, the vocals seem to be narrowly panned, though not the guitar.  I wonder if it might be useful to EQ your lead vocal slightly different, say a mild boost around 3k, or maybe roll-off some low end?  Otherwise, this is a fine addition to your extensive collection of songs.

Hi Rikkie.  Thanks very much for listening and I appreciate your taking the time to comment!

Hi Lynn.  Thanks very much for listening, the kind comments, and for the  suggestions about the vocal.  As soon as life slows down a bit and stops interfering with what I would rather be doing, I'll be making the changes.  BTW, I really enjoyed and was impressed by your recent post with Dary1968l!!  

Hey tom.  Thanks very much for listening , commenting, and for the help.  I took a look at your My Reel link and what a great site!  The music was great and I had no idea that you had so many other outside the forum interests.  Thanks again and thanks for the encouragement!

Hi Makke.  Thanks very much for listening and for the kind words.  Also --- I very much enjoyed your last post!

Hey Nigel.  I am very glad that you enjoyed this song.  Given the quality of your work, I am humbled by your kind words.  Your recent post is excellent but every thing you do is terrific.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 4:12 PM, freddy j said:

Recently I have been having difficulty in categorizing genre for the stuff that I have been working on.  This song is also giving me the same issue.  This is a simple song using just guitars, bass and drums (old school).  It is intended to be just a bit of fun with some observations and a wee bit of a message.

As always comments, suggestions, crit.'s, etc.  will be very much appreciated!

Thanks!!

IT'S  NOT  YOUR  BUSINESS

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

Loved it Freddy - quite agree with the message.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bjorn.  Thanks very much for listening and for the very kind comments.  I first heard the Blues, and 1950's Rhythm and Blues when I was a wee bit of a pre-teen living up in the Great White North.  If the weather was just right during the night time hours, I could pull in WLAC broadcast all the way from Nashville Tenn.  That was it and I was hooked.  I flirted with other styles but I always came back to the blues for a Blues Infusion.  To misquote a John Lee Hooker  lyric "... it's in him and its got to come out."  Thanks again!

Hi Steve.  I very much appreciate your taking time to listen and for the kind words.