MIDI Panic messing volumes on external gear and some VSTs?

Ugo Fantozzi

Hello.

MIDI panic button sends the "Note Off" CC command and optionally a "Single note off"  to every MIDI device connected to Cakewalk, no matter if it is a VST Synth or a hardware Synth connected over USB.

While this may be fine for VST Synths, it messes up volumes on my Behringer XR18 mixer.

Is there a way to limit the Panic button to internal MIDI devices only? Or at least to make it send Note Off only without the CC commands?

I also read on other forums, that people have the same problems with some VSTs, that integrate multiple synths, so they have a internal mixer (ex. Kontakt).

Why are you having to use this?   I don’t think I’ve used it since 1987! 

Sorry if that sounds harsh. But really, what is happening in your set up that would require the need for using that almost totally forgotten feature? 
Is this some funky 3rd party freebie synth?  Lose it. 

Hi.

I use Slate's ANA2, so I don't think it's funky 😉. The endless notes happen mostly with patches with arpeggios or very long decays.

Anyway, I have a Behringer XR18 digital mixer connected to Cakewalk, so I can control its settings via MIDI from the DAW.

As soon as I hit the Panic button,  the  mixer channels get screwed. They are controlled over MIDI by CC commands, and Cakewalk sends 0 or 127 to all these CCs when you hit that Panic button.

It would be ideal, if Cakewalk would have a setting or a "whitelist" with devices, that are not affected with Panic button.