is there an 'exclusive' Solo?

micv

Question

5 answers to this question

17 hours ago, mettelus said:

Yes, info is here. "Note: When you enable Exclusive Solo mode, currently soloed tracks and buses are not affected until the next time you solo a track or bus."

That does it. 

Interestingly if I shift-solo on a track the track solo icon/button is the 'exclusive solo' but behaves like normal mode.  Not sure what that icon mean on a track.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:15 PM, micv said:

Interestingly if I shift-solo on a track the track solo icon/button is the 'exclusive solo' but behaves like normal mode.  Not sure what that icon mean on a track.

That's Solo Override. I has no effect until you solo some other track; then it prevents the Override-enabled track(s) from being silenced. 

Didn't mention that detail 'cause I thought he already knew.

Yes, Solo Override simply prevents a track from being unsoloed when soloing other tracks while in Exclusive Solo mode. In normal mode it does nothing.

However, I don't think what the OP wants is doable without global Exclusive Solo already on. But he's been gone for 6 months.

However #2, The quoted statement from the documentation by mettelus seems untrue. Clicking Exclusive Solo after other tracks are soloed will unsolo them, so they are affected. But this feature may have been changed w/o updating the documentation.

It shouldn't have been changed as it seems more useful to have any soloed tracks still soloed when activating E.S.

Edited by sjoens