Rotter Bank

Question

Hello everyone thankyou all for your help so far!! I think the problem lies within playback rather than audiosnap as sometimes the song plays in time and then other times it plays delayed. Is this a possibility? If so what would I need to do to resolve this issue? Thankyou so much. 

3 answers to this question

Can you expound on this a bit? Are you saying that sometimes the song plays immediately when hitting the spacebar, but other times there is a delay first? Depending on FX plugins used, there can be a latency jump due to some FX (especially mastering FX that have a "look ahead" to them). For tracking (recording), it is common to have FX disabled (hotkey E to toggle), and audio buffers in preferences set lower, but when you get into post-production (mixing/mastering) adjust those buffers higher so that playback is smooth (but not always prompt).

If you have MIDI in a project, there have been issues in the past with MIDI notes not firing properly at the very start of a project (there can be a lot of information jammed into the project start in the timeline). The "workflow fix" to this is to actually have a project start on bar 2 or 3. Even though this has "been fixed" over the years, I still do projects with the first 1-2 bars empty out of habit. That delay lets all of the information be processed from the project start well before any notes are triggered.