WAV sample data appears to be missing after Cakewalk installation

Carl Caulkett

I've just spent most of the day installing Cakewalk in Windows Pro 11 on a Parallels for Mac VM. It took a long time because the downloads were so slow. Now that I've got the software installed, I cannot seem to find the Audio content - one shot and loop samples in WAV format, that type of thing. 

I think where I may have gone wrong is selecting the option to just install the application, but to be honest, I was so hacked off at the glacial performance of Cakewalk's download servers, that I was just desperate to get the app downloaded. I figured that once I had done that, there would be some clearly marked options for downloading the additional content. That was hopelessly naive and foolish of me, it seems 😮 

Can anyone advise me how to go about downloading this extra content? 

Edited by Carl Caulkett

I've learnt that I have to use the Bandlab Assistant utility and to drag samples one by one into Cakewalk. I had tried this, and It didn't work first time. I then found an entry on the old forum suggesting that both Cakewalk and Bandlab Assistant need to be run as Administrator. That doesn't seem to have worked...

Can somebody clue me in as to what's up here?