Arturia Acid V Intro Offer

ralfrobert

Gotta love those Arturia boys and girls. 

Guess I could retire with all or most from Arturia, FabFilter, EastWest, Eventide, OrangeTreeSamples, PlugInGuru, UVI, and a few others like Reveal Sound Spire, Soundtheory Gullfoss, Zynaptiq Adaptiverb, plus some Cinesamples and Virharmonic strings, as well as a few pianos including Pianoteq. 

8 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

$49 for me.  But I will probably will wait until V Collection 10 comes out.

Has anyone bothered to compare the savings of getting synths piecemeal (as they become available) or by waiting for a new version of a collection?
I suspect that there's some savings but on the other hand you have access/usage of them in the meantime.

• Like 1

I have to admit this gave me cold sweat.

I bought Behringer TD-3 last year to play around during breaks at work.

Bought some patch cables and the RD-6.

Quite soon after, I got the idea that I needed midi keyboard as I came across emulated synths.

Didn't take long to end up on this forum.

Now I'm afraid to tell the missus about the funds in the long term saving account.

I don't think I can sleep tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Has anyone bothered to compare the savings of getting synths piecemeal (as they become available) or by waiting for a new version of a collection?
I suspect that there's some savings but on the other hand you have access/usage of them in the meantime.

I paid $99 (on a sale)  from V8 to V9, and new additions are mostly between $29 and $49 on an introduction sale.

So far the following has been released past V9:

- Augmented Brass

- Augmented Grand Piano

- Minifreak V 

- Acid V

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kirean said:

I have to admit this gave me cold sweat.

I bought Behringer TD-3 last year to play around during breaks at work.

Bought some patch cables and the RD-6.

Quite soon after, I got the idea that I needed midi keyboard as I came across emulated synths.

Didn't take long to end up on this forum.

Now I'm afraid to tell the missus about the funds in the long term saving account.

I don't think I can sleep tonight.

The TD-3 (or the original 303 for that matter because they sadly modeled the sequencer quite close to the original) is clunky to program. So to make it easier, a MIDI keyboard or sequencer is sometimes prefered. 

Fun fact: the clunkyness of the programming had a heavy influcence on acid as a music style and thus music in general. People started inputting random sequences with accents and glides and pitch etc. which gave rise to some of the most famous acid lines. There are several Max4life devices (for us Ableton users) which outputs random acid lines (free: https://maxforlive.com/library/device/8357/sting-by-iftah-a-really-nice-acid-line-generator). The randomness is basically an emulation of what people did.

• Like 6

I suppose its inevitable they would do this one at some stage. I used to have the original hardware and sold it when the second hand price was at its rock bottom. If I had waited a bit I could have made a fair bit of cash.

I have a couple of emulations I never use so I am in no hurry to jump on this one.

3 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

The TD-3 (or the original 303 for that matter because they sadly modeled the sequencer quite close to the original) is clunky to program. So to make it easier, a MIDI keyboard or sequencer is sometimes prefered. 

That's why it's such a 'fun' thing to play around with. It's easy to get lost and forget any troubles when you try to tame the beast. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I did at one time.  At least for me, it was always smarter to wait until the VCollection comes out.  I usually wait about 6 months or so after a new V Collection comes out for the fist big sale (usually $99 for me).

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Don’t know but I seem to be the only living boy in NY not liking those Roland drum boxes. 

I never really liked the 303, but as a kid of the 80s, I loved the 808.

• Like 1