[SOLVED] Real-time export Ending

garcia

Question

12 answers to this question

First select the tracks to export. When exporting all tracks use CTRL+A. Then set the time range.

If the export starts at the beginning of the project all that needs to be set is the end. To set the end, move the Now marker to the "end" of the project and either hit the "Set thru=Now" button in the Select Module (B in the image below)

ControlBar.10.2.png

or use the Edit > Select > "Thru=Now"  menu option

To change the export start is similar except position the cursor where the selection should start and use "Set from=Now" (A in the image above) or Edit > Select > "From=Now"

Both start and end time may also be set using Edit > Select > By Time... or by or click-drag across the timeline.

All links in this post go to the French documentation.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Markers don't mean anything to the export process.

When exporting without selecting time range, the export should run to the last event in the project. With fast export enabled, empty space at the end of project may not be noticed until the export is played back. When fast export is disabled, this space may be noticed during export because of the time it takes to reach the last event.

A couple of ways to avoid unexpectedly long exports:

• Always make a time-based selection to export
  • Clean up the end of the project - usually this may be done by positioning the cursor at the "end" of the project, selecting everything to the right and deleting it. Sometimes old templates have data which cannot be deleted. In this case, consider rebuilding the template.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all guys.

When doing the solution of Steve, I noticed I am an idiot.

On one of my tries, I have redirected the output of first track to a second one to have an audio version without VST.

For the export I have muted the second track without changing the output of the first one to Master.

So Cakewalk was awaiting some audio event but nothing was happening.

My bad ...... 🤣

Do any of these export marking methods actually get saved with the project?   I haven't found a way yet to mark my beginning and end of mix for export and have Sonar remember that when I open it again.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I don't want to have to ctrl-A to mark everything, select the start and end times, and then do an export every time I open the project and change a part.  I want it to remember the selected mix times when I reopen the project.

Thanks.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:05 AM, Sven said:

I don't want to have to ctrl-A to mark everything, select the start and end times, and then do an export every time I open the project and change a part.  I want it to remember the selected mix times when I reopen the project.

Unfortunately no. I hope someday Cakewalk adds a Start/End Marker so we could select project start/end times and have them saved.

but the selection process for Start/end times are shared with normal Edit/selection operations.

I find it incredible that you can't save Start/End Markers for mixes.   It seems like there could at least be a Save option to retain the current marked region or something similar.

My understanding is that the Bandlab people have been very receptive to maintaining and improving Sonar.   Is there a  way to suggest perhaps adding this 'feature' to a later release?

1. Go to preferences and make sure that your buffer is at least 512.

2. Under "File" go down to "Export" audio and select that option.

3. When the box appears giving you the choice of where your export will be sent to and the name you want for it, look down to the lower right.

4. You will see "Fast Bounce". Uncheck that option.  (You have to do this every time as the program defaults to fast bounce.)

5. If you wish to monitor in real time the export, find the box in that same row that lets you listen in real time.

Just one more note. I always defrag every day and especially before an export of a large file.

Makes a difference!

Edited by terrymcmanus