Starise

New Beginning

I agree with Will regarding synths, it does have that Scottish/Gaelic feel (which you wanted)... (also had to smile at your comment and the title of this song  ... wicked!)

Edited by SPAK

Hi Tim - I hope you are well sir. 

Love the melodies but I'm not sure about the synths - sorry. I think I would have preferred a mix of synths and more traditional instruments.

I like it, had a Corrs vibe in spots, which I like. Some don't. But the lead synth gets out of hand (louder) in spots. 2:22, the violin.

I found it worked a little better when you had slightly more openness in the mix. There's just a couple of "kitchen sink" spots that left me  wondering. Perhaps I'm too old.

That said, the complexity generally is quite admirable, and dare I say cohesive! Well done this!

-Tom

On 1/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, daryl1968 said:

Hi Tim - I hope you are well sir. 

Love the melodies but I'm not sure about the synths - sorry. I think I would have preferred a mix of synths and more traditional instruments.

Doing great! Thanks! Yes maybe I went a bit overboard in some of this.I am not quite following your ideas completely here.  Maybe you mean a larger mix of traditional instruments as opposed to just a few?

@emeraldsoulTom, thanks for your comments. It's the only way we get better. I  pulled this one out of the bin and should re visit it.

3 hours ago, Starise said:

Doing great! Thanks! Yes maybe I went a bit overboard in some of this.I am not quite following your ideas completely here.  Maybe you mean a larger mix of traditional instruments as opposed to just a few?

@emeraldsoulTom, thanks for your comments. It's the only way we get better. I  pulled this one out of the bin and should re visit it.

Sorry Tim I was a bit vague there. I wasn't keen on the lead synth sound and I would have preferred to hear a acoustic traditional instrument (mandolin for example) with the synth backing. I think the mix of the two would be nice. Only my humble opinion mate. You know I lurves ya :)

Just now, daryl1968 said:

Sorry Tim I was a bit vague there. I wasn't keen on the lead synth sound and I would have preferred to hear a acoustic traditional instrument (mandolin for example) with the synth backing. I think the mix of the two would be nice. Only my humble opinion mate. You know I lurves ya :)

....because I know you can play those traditional instruments so well....

18 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

Same here @daryl1968 , You  aren't the first to make that suggestion on this mix. I was attempting to give an old world feel to synths.I don't know if that's even possible 🙂. Thank you!

@LadyFuzztail  Good suggestion that maybe I take it into another key or something. It is very predictable.