cakewalk doesnt see Midi keyboard

This is because the DAW is communicating with the MIDI driver associated with Komplete Audio Interface (assuming they are listed and selected).

The DAW has no idea what, if anything, is connected to the audio interace MIDI ports.

If the interface MIDI ports are not listed, that is a problem.

If the interface has functional MIDI I/O and the appropriate drivers are installed then the interface should be listed in CbB Preferences > MIDI > Devices (web help links are flaky ATM use local help or pdf).

If the keyboard is connected to the interface, the interface is handling all MIDI I/O with the DAW.

One other thing that may be an issue is the MIDI Driver Mode setting in Preferences > MIDI > Playback and Recording 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 12:38 PM, John Balich said:

the only connections i see under 
"devices" is "Komplete Audio in" and "Komplete  audio out"     My system works normally with midi and audio ...........im adding a keyboard controller to a system thats otherwise up and running....

In a MIDI track, what are the available inputs?

On 7/27/2023 at 12:24 PM, John Balich said:

i have plugged in my alesis midi keyboard.  Midi out to midi in on my komplete audio interface.

Rewind for a second here, please. Is your Alesis a USB cable connection (I am assuming it is, rather than a 5-pin DIN connection)? If so, there is no reason not to plug that directly into your computer that comes to mind. For the older 5-pin connections, that was a reason to get an audio interface with those connectors, but it carried the possibility of nerfing keyboard features. If that Alesis plugs directly into the computer via USB, that is what you want (and you will see all the functionality of the keyboard). An audio interface is only needed to get audio in and out, not MIDI. MIDI can go in separately, get processed and come out as audio.

If running MIDI through an interface, it is pretty much a pass-through. The interface will be visible to the DAW, and see the MIDI passing through it there, but again the functionality may be limited.

• Like 1