bobernaut

Question

Hello everyone and thanks for reading my question. I have a strange problem that I am unable to fix. Please give this a read and make any suggestions you can to help.

1 week ago after at least 10 years of perfect operation, my usual system will not function. I did nothing unusual or different than any other day--no new programs or other were added and I made no changes whatsoever in anyway. I did receive a total of 3 messages, here they are:

Engine not responding please check your Rewire host

Could not connect to the Reason Engine the Reason engine is already in use. Make sure you only run one instance of Reason.

Your audio driver has stopped working. Go to audio page in the preferences dialog and choose a different driver.

According to the Task Manager, Reason is NOT running and certainly not another instance of it running.

Yes, these are all Reason messages and I do run Reason along with Sonar and have for years and years with no problems. Both Reason 7 and Sonar Professional have worked perfectly by themselves or together. This computer does not ever go online and i have no antivirus loaded. This is all intentional and has worked fine up until now.

My interface, the Toneport UX1 suddenly is dead but appears to still be working with green light as it always has in the past. I can click through anything I wish and it responds but it produces no sound.

Whenever I run a project on Sonar Professional, everything is there--plug ins, midi notes, track recordings--all as it was before. I can see meters jumping as normal as the song plays but with no audio. It is the same with Reason when I play a song through that but again, no audio. I can not connect to the programs at the same time, which is the problem; that and the no audio part or maybe driver part.

I have tried to change audio drivers but I get a red X on all drivers. I also have no audio on anything else on the computer as in, other wavs besides my own, or even the log off sound.

That's about it. I have no idea what has caused this. While old, the programs have worked for years and I can't figure out what has caused this since the computer does not go online and no changes were made by me. No one else uses this computer.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this problem.

thanks, bob

Windows 7, Reason 7, Sonar Professional, Toneport UX1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet