More detailed name information for each recorded track possible?

Sven

I'm not sure about other people but I'm always wishing I could write more info about any given track in my project.  A specific recorded take within a track can have a meaningful name but the track name itself only has limited room.  Is there any way I don't know to save some additional track information other than the track name itself?

For example, I may have VOX A, VOX B, and VOX C and later create a track called VOX COMP using these 3 tracks.  Later I may want to use Melodyne and duplicate the comp track and call it COMP MELODYNE.  Now if you're looking in Console View especially with tracks that are narrow strips things can get ugly quickly. 

If you duplicate and render the  Melodyne track and now make an edit on it like to copy/paste the first chorus where the third one is for whatever (late) reason you can call it COMP MELO EDIT or whatever.  I think what I'm trying to say (in the longest possible way) is I wish I could hover over the track name and see a meaningful pop up box I could view and edit clearly explaining what that track really contains  besides trying to understand the confusing small track name.

Could just be me...

Thanks scook,

Before I usually just would look at the track name on top.  It's a few more clicks than I'd like to see especially if your track inspector's on a different tab but that's still very useful.   I'll use that for now. 

I guess what I would really like is a quick click on something in Console View, not Track View to get this info.  Or it may be my workspace setup that's not showing me that info quickly.  

Thanks.

I think you can enter (almost) as many words as you want in the track name box. It's small and only a few of the words show in the box, but if you hover the mouse over it, the entire script shows,
I didn't look for a limit, but I was able to enter a 10 word track name.

• Like 2

57Gregy,

I guess this is easiest way to accomplish what I want.  It can have all the track info I want to include but the display names will be a big garble.  I would love to have a meaningful track name to display but also some extra info about it's contents if possible.

Thanks.

Yes. If the name is too long to display, CbB abbreviates it to it's own liking making it sometimes "garbled" and not very useful. Track names are meant to be simple labels for quick reference.

Perhaps allowing them to expand to 2 lines before the abbreviation affect would be nice.

Edited by sjoens