Is this possible?

kree

1 hour ago, Colin Nicholls said:

If I'd seen this post a couple years ago, I almost certainly would have been inspired to work something up. Now, though... I have no time. And, you know, the uncertainty of what will work in the future...

Aw shucks man. I really really love this layout :(   I saw your “Flat White” theme and I feel like that might be kinda similar?  You do seem like the right person for the job though if you had the time haha. 

5 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

If I'd seen this post a couple years ago, I almost certainly would have been inspired to work something up. Now, though... I have no time. And, you know, the uncertainty of what will work in the future...

What if I paid you? Haha 

Most of my themes were developed a couple of years ago when I was taking a break from full-time work.
I have a full-time job now and any spare time I have (not enough!) is devoted to music making, not theme editing.

To be honest, if you can't find an existing theme that makes you comfortable enough in the UI to use the program, then you're probably not going to be happy with one that is as close as possible to the screenshots you posted. And I am a fan of that look-and-feel. It's like a half-way point between Sonar 8.5 and the "skylight" interface they put together for Sonar X1.

I know you're joking, but seriously if I had the time I would not take your money, it would be for the fun and challenge. Good themes take time and effort.

10 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Most of my themes were developed a couple of years ago when I was taking a break from full-time work.
I have a full-time job now and any spare time I have (not enough!) is devoted to music making, not theme editing.

To be honest, if you can't find an existing theme that makes you comfortable enough in the UI to use the program, then you're probably not going to be happy with one that is as close as possible to the screenshots you posted. And I am a fan of that look-and-feel. It's like a half-way point between Sonar 8.5 and the "skylight" interface they put together for Sonar X1.

I know you're joking, but seriously if I had the time I would not take your money, it would be for the fun and challenge. Good themes take time and effort.

No I was not joking, I am pretty desperate for it so I would be willing to pay. But, I am looking into other themes and there seems to be some great ones! So I will test that out.  

and I am glad to see I’m not the only one in love with this layout. I even emailed cakewalk to ask them if there was any chance they’d do a “legacy” kind of interface as throwbacks to the past if this is even possible. I don’t think this is even in the realm of importance for them, so that’ll likely never happen. 

I appreciate that you have taken the time to have this discussion with me at all! Your themes are super rad so I will be looking into that! Thank you. 

1 hour ago, sjoens said:

That GUI was for Guitar Tracks Pro 4 & Sonar Home Studio 7. Not likely you could re-create it to look even close. Too many differences in GUI design.

So that GUI never saw the light of day for 64 bit did it? I’m seeing that Sonar 7 was also 32 bit. The only reason I want to finally move on is because of how 32 bit just isn’t cutting it anymore for me in terms of CPU use. But I still want this GUI so so badly.