The INCREDIBLE Harmonic Series!

Old Joad

This is why MCharacter is one of my favorite plugins, since it focuses on control of the harmonics/partials in material (excels with monophonic material). He doesn't get into much detail with the harmonic series of one-node (i.e., wind) instruments, but the partials there have fractional wave lengths due to the open end. Because of this, MCharacter is great for changing timbre to either clean up sub-standard samples, or even morph them into a totally different instrument by adjusting the overtone set.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mettelus said:

This is why MCharacter is one of my favorite plugins, since it focuses on control of the harmonics/partials in material (excels with monophonic material). He doesn't get into much detail with the harmonic series of one-node (i.e., wind) instruments, but the partials there have fractional wave lengths due to the open end. Because of this, MCharacter is great for changing timbre to either clean up sub-standard samples, or even morph them into a totally different instrument by adjusting the overtone set.

Well, that just blows! 

😜