Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
batsbrew

"The Wild Animals", mix ok?

Recommended Posts

Definitely a wrap on that!! Sounds good and polished. Here on my system at work everything came across well. Vocals out front, not too much, heard all the guitars and bass. Here at work on this system the drums did seem a little low in spots, but never lost them in the mix.

Good song. I like the lyrics!! : )

Really good guitar work on this, all the lead and harmonies, and the crunch rhythm was spot on!! Good work Bat. Really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need you even need to ask Bats?  Of course it is up to your usual high standard and on my system it sounds great.  Even on my less than adequate speakers!  I love that pause around 2:16.  The bass really stands out on this number.  I can't help be impressed by your Vocals.  The lyrics, performance and mix all sound professional to my geriatric, temporally challenged ears.

Excellent work!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Grem said:

Definitely a wrap on that!! Sounds good and polished. Here on my system at work everything came across well. Vocals out front, not too much, heard all the guitars and bass. Here at work on this system the drums did seem a little low in spots, but never lost them in the mix.

Good song. I like the lyrics!! : )

Really good guitar work on this, all the lead and harmonies, and the crunch rhythm was spot on!! Good work Bat. Really good.

hey grem!

glad you caught this one, i'm moving quick now...

 

i'm getting consensus on the drum mix being a bit low,

tho it's kicking on my system, i'm guessing i've got some bass freqs masking drums.

but it's got to be driving on the bass, so that's the area i'll concentrate on.

 

the lyrics are basically about how big pharma, doctors, the fda, and stockholders,

are phucking over americans with the prescription drugs.

especially the opioids.

"it's a cautionary tale..."

 

 

thanks for listening grem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, batsbrew said:

with the prescription drugs.

Yep. Good lyrics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, freddy j said:

Need you even need to ask Bats?  Of course it is up to your usual high standard and on my system it sounds great.  Even on my less than adequate speakers!  I love that pause around 2:16.  The bass really stands out on this number.  I can't help be impressed by your Vocals.  The lyrics, performance and mix all sound professional to my geriatric, temporally challenged ears.

Excellent work!!!

hey freddy!

hey, thanks for the words of encouragement...

it's lonely out here in space.

LOL

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening on my phone thru Bose headphones (yeah, not the best for critical listening) the kick is lacking just a bit. If this is what I was hearing on my monitors I would bring up the beater on the kick to better define it. Again iPhone, Bose headphones. Love the tune, recognized it right off from when you had it up in March I think. That middle eight, then the breakdown; well done Bat! As always such a pleasure, thanks so much for posting. 

I’m a fan, what more can I say. 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 12:46 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Listening on my phone thru Bose headphones (yeah, not the best for critical listening) the kick is lacking just a bit. If this is what I was hearing on my monitors I would bring up the beater on the kick to better define it. Again iPhone, Bose headphones. Love the tune, recognized it right off from when you had it up in March I think. That middle eight, then the breakdown; well done Bat! As always such a pleasure, thanks so much for posting. 

I’m a fan, what more can I say. 

Tom

hey tom! sorry i missed this post,

i had moved onto working on the secrets tune, and just had tunnel vision i guess!! 
LOL

 

i DID end up working on that kick...

i added some oomph at 55hz,

and tweaked the beater click range around 2-3 khz to get it to stand out more at lower volumes.

at least, that's what i hear at low volume, listening to other stuff...

thanks for the input

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×