Pro channel EQ: Snapshot of Everything?

Steve_Karl

Question

Hi there,

Is there a way to do a snapshot of the whole pro channel EQ ? - i.e. every control of the EQ - - - 
- - - as opposed to having to right click on each control and do the snapshots individually of each control?

Thanks!

Steve

Edited by Steve_Karl

2 answers to this question

AFAIK - Automation Snapshots are only set per automatable control, not for the entire plugin module.

-If you are only needing to change the entire EQ module settings once, or a few times, during a project timeline, I can suggest an alternate methodology:

Duplicate the track you wish to have the multiple changes occur on. Change the EQ on the copy to your second group of settings. Automate a linear crossfade on the two duplicate tracks at the point(s) you want to swap over. -This has worked for me, and in fact can be used in many more ways than just EQ.

Steps - for simple swapping to multiple EQ (and any other mix choices) major versions, on 1 audio track during a mix playback:

1) Start with perhaps your initial mix of a track. In Track View, right-click the track & select "Duplicate track...".

2) From the choices that pop up, select (check) all of the options. (This assumes you do not want to duplicate/separately edit audio content later)

3) Select the 2ond copy of the track. Change the EQ parameters (or any of the mix) to the 2ond variation you want to be able to switch to.

4) Find the time in the project you want the switch to occur. Create a Volume envelope on each of the two tracks. (assumes you do not already have any)

5) For a gradual change between mix settings, create 2 nodes on each track, at exactly the same timing, spaced apart as desired.

6) Pull the 1st Volume automation shelf on the 2ond copy down to -inf. Then pull the 3rd Volume automation shelf on the 1st copy down to -inf.

CbB_example-DupTracks-linear-vol-swap_2023-04-29.png.8a3c0a8a9061cbb837471aa0ec9d5064.png

This will create a linear crossfade, and allow you to adjust the timings as needed.   -So, not only can you switch to a different set of EQ parameters, but many other options are available as well. And, you only need two envelopes for the basic switch, instead of many envelopes for each parameter. -It does increase your plugin load & track count, but again, less automation is needed overall, and you do not need to duplicate the audio.

-If this wasn't what you were needing to achieve, -carry on!  And of course, there are other techniques as well. But I hope you find this one helpful, as I have.

• Thanks 1