BR: *Console* MIDI Patch List Extends Off Screen

sjoens

I think this is a bug. For some reason the Console strip MIDI Patch list in both Inspector and Console View extends beyond the bottom of my screens no matter what resolution I set them to.

The Track View Patch list displays correctly.

Main screen is 2560x1600. 2nd screen is 2560x1080. All my screen & text settings are 100%.

Can the list be fixed to fit the screen?

53 thru 59 and 114 thru 119 of 127 are hidden:

cut-off2.thumb.png.2b5d6e6625dd55b55417be475b353449.png

Edited to add eye catching colorful bold text

Edited by sjoens

I never looked at the patch list from the console before, and I haven't used patch lists much in recent years, but I took a look using TTS-1 and between the bottom of column one and the top of column two, I am missing one preset. Nothing missing from the bottom of column to to the top of column three.  

This was just a quick test, my windows display setting is at 100%, and the console patch list goes from the top of my screen to the bottom. Not sure if its off my screen, though.  

BUT WAIT!!!  I just slid CbB to my second monitor which is smaller and has a different resolution size so things look bigger on that monitor.  Column 1 goes to 36, column 2 starts at 54. Column 2 goes to 91, column 3 starts at 108.

I don't have time (nor am I awake enough) to problem-solve this, but I hope something here helps.  At least you know its not just you.

UPDATE: I lied.  I thought of a quick test.  On Mon 2, I changed the display resolution to the recommended size (which makes it too tiny for my old fart eyes), but column 1 is now None --> 52, column 2 is now 54 --> 107, and column 3 is now 109 --> 127.

UPDATE 2: Another quick test; changed display resolution to 800 x 600.  Everything is too big and distorted, and not much fits on the screen, but BINGO!!!!  The console patch list is as follows:  Column 1:  None --> 28; Column 2:  54 -> 83; Column 3: 108-> 127.

Edited by User 905133
added updates

A similar problem happens with the program lists of all studio instruments plugins, but it's the opposite. The window that opens by default crops the presets. While you can scroll using the mouse wheel, it won't go all the way down. You have to resize the window. Then a scroll bar appears sand you can scroll all the way down the presets both using the bar and your mouse wheel.

Thanks for checking guys. I always used the Console list but because of this I'll have to retrain my auto reflexes to use the Track View list.

Odd thing is the number of missing entries is not consistent: column 1 = 7, column 2 = 6. You'd think they'd be the same.

Point is, no matter the screen resolution, the list should display correctly.  If Track View can do it so can Console View, so maybe Console list follows a different display format.

Edited by sjoens

On 4/25/2023 at 4:23 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

A similar problem happens with the program lists of all studio instruments plugins, but it's the opposite. The window that opens by default crops the presets. While you can scroll using the mouse wheel, it won't go all the way down. You have to resize the window. Then a scroll bar appears sand you can scroll all the way down the presets both using the bar and your mouse wheel.

Yes, I noticed that some years ago.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HpIe6w4w5AaFuSGf8-5Jni2YshuGSn4H/view?usp=share_link

Edited by sjoens