Cakewalk Latency Issues

Hey Guys!

Quick little Question:
I've been running Cakewalk for a little bit more than a year now and i never had any problems.
But now i'm recording a song for my Band and since my Tower PC died a few weeks ago i decided to record on my notebook using Cakewalk, my Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Interface and my Axe-FX Ultra (i'm recording Guitar tracks).
Oh and my Notebook is a HP EliteBook 8460p.
I'm recording my Tracks digitally via SPDIF and since the AxeFX Ultra only does the SPDIF connections at 48kHz i'm recording everything at 48kHz.

So now....
When i import the Drum Track, it converts it from 44.1kHz to 48kHz with no problems as it should.
But when i record my Guitar parts, there is a veeeery noticeable latency. The recorded tracks are almost a 1/16 note behind the rest.
I Screenshoted all my settings regarding latency and they're attached here.

Does anybody know how i can fix this problem? Should i also attach my recorded tracks with the drums, so you can hear the latency?

Thanks a lot in advance!

SH1.JPG

SH2.JPG

SH3.JPG

But when i record my Guitar parts, there is a veeeery noticeable latency. The recorded tracks are almost a 1/16 note behind the rest.
I Screenshoted all my settings regarding latency and they're attached here.

Does anybody know how i can fix this problem? 

A Few Things: it can be one or 2 or all the above

1st - When using a laptop with you DAW, the internal hard drives can be at a speed of 5200rpm in most cases. So you should get an external drive that spins at 7200rpm or higher, as 7200rpm s the recommended speed for hard drives.

2nd - Lower your sound card buffers to its lowest possible settings. 

3rd - Try using ASIO driver modes, if you are using WDM and make sure you are using the most current version of drivers for your audio interface

4th - If you are using any sort of plugin in your DAW, they can be causing the latency as a lot of plugins have hidden buffers.

• Like 1

When using WDM drivers you have to set the Record Latency manually.

Its on the Sync and Caching tab as shown below

audio_sync.jpg

You'll have to send audio out and record it, then move the recorded clip until the two "sync" up.
That becomes your "offset".
I have a cwp and instructions for that here:
In sync with Sonar

T

Edited by DeeringAmps
correct link