MIDI notes looks strange in track view

Sven

And while your at it, quantize those puppy's they all look a tad early to me. Funny, I guess I don't ever look at midi in track view. Only in PVR. And I also never use comping mode or take lanes but when I have all sorts of weird things happen so I avoid it. But that could explain the odd graphics. 

Looking at mine it all depends on my zoom level and the horizontal size of the track in what I see but they are all the same horizontal size. So it does seem weird that in each track the notes are fat or skinny even though you seem to have the zoom and the height the same for all 3.   

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

And while your at it, quantize those puppy's they all look a tad early to me.

Since it looks like its a French horn, I assumed the notes were all pushed forward to compensate for a sluggish attack section on the sample--so the meat of the sound hits the beat.  100% speculation on my part.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.a6e836be6de112d83f3ab89d119e3c9c.png

Hi msmcleod,

Usually you've got the answer to all the world's problems but I'm not sure I understand your answer on this one.  Perhaps read what I've written below and you can clarify what you think I should change.

I've tried all the suggestions mentioned above without success.  It could be a zoom issue I guess but it doesn't matter how far I zoom in/out it still looks incorrect on my track view screen.

If it helps the same MIDI tracks look like this in another section of the song:

image.png.a48de4f9a3712942c6eec9873160d639.png

This what I usually expect to see because it matches where I'll see the notes in piano view.  Here's another shot showing the good part and the bad part later:

image.png.d80acb7b9fcd502ab98f3b2edc555a25.png

This problem is not the end of the world because I can always go into piano view to do what I need to do but I like to see the MIDI notes correctly in track view as well.

Thanks again.

All the references above to "zoom" are not referring to the clips pane zoom controls but the per track zoom, which refers to the range of midi notes that can fit in one track display. (There is an audio version of that as well that refers to the waveform display.)

Did you try sjoens' instructions?