single Left click to add a CC value in a track

David Thiel

When manually editing the CC lane I'd like to set one value at a time.  I put the the smart cursor in the CC lane on a controller I want to edit. Smart tool has chosen the pencil tool.  I left click.   Nothing happens.  If I want point to appear I have to drag a little.  Depending on the quantization value I now have several points.  I only wanted one.  So I (with annoying precision) delete the extras till I get one (for easy adjustment).  Why do I have to left-click-drag to insert CC values?  Insertion of a single CC value at the point of the cursor over the CC control lane would simplify my work flow.

This has always driven me crazy. I've been using Cakewalk since DOS and after it was abandoned I grudgingly bought CuBase but I still prefer Cakewalk.  And it has only taken twenty years for me to make the suggestion.

David Thiel

That dedicated Draw tool will insert a single controller with a single click. The Draw mode of the Smart tool will do it if you hold Alt. I'm not sure whether the difference is deliberate or an oversight in the evolution of the Smart tool.

Edited by David Baay

21 minutes ago, sjoens said:

One doesn't expect a tool's behavior to change when moving from one Pane to another.

This behaviour changes exists to help productivity so I expect it. What I don't expect is when it does the thing it shouldn't do like mentioned in this thread:

Smart Tool is not working as expected in PRV when drawing modulations. However same tool works as it supposed to be in Inline PRV.

Edited by murat k.