Remember BLANCMANGE ( 80s - Living on the ceiling ). New album out called Private View

aidan o driscoll

So back in the 80s BLANCMANGE had a good few tracks out topped by Living on the ceiling ( vid below ). Anyway they have a new album out called Private View, really like it, a definite grower. I like the simplicity + the space in tracks. Also the liberal use of arpeggios :D ... 

Sounds of Kraftwerk, Joy Division, Bowie. Whole album on youtube but also on Spotify, Itunes etc.  all the sounds I would say you may find in the ARTURIA suite of VSTis 

LIVING ON THE CEILING:

Edited by aidan o driscoll

I thought it started off quite well. Quite often these days I find my attention starts to wander by around about track 5 on many albums. In this case the magic track 5 (Chairs) is forking dreadful though and I never even made it to the end of that one. I'll go back to the rest when I have more time, but seriously......what was he thinking there ? I've got projects on my HD that I would be far too embarrassed to let anyone at all hear that are better than that.*

I didn't realise he had been quite so productive since they split. Depending on how the second half of the album goes I might check out some of the other stuff.

* Note to self......remember to delete them before I die.

Second note to self... who are you kidding ? Nobody wants to listen when you're alive....who do you think is going to listen when you're dead ?