Jump to content
Pragi

Get rid of your studio

Recommended Posts

i have thought that FL studio is a DAW,.

What do you think about this statement  of Kanye "West"?

 

image.png.32779bc73d129bab5f595bc817c1201b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pragi said:

What do you think about this statement  of Kanye "West"?

  1. Music with guitars is inherently worse than music without guitars.
  2. Guitars are shit instruments,
  3. theres not a sound you can make with a guitar that you can't make on FL studio
  • (3) is grammatically incorrect, and does not really support the assertion made in (2).
  • There is some truth to (3): a wide variety of guitar sample packs are available.
  • The combination of (2) and (3) do not really support (1).
  •  Assuming (3) is true, it invalidates (1); the music will sound the same with and without guitars.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kanye is entitled to his opinion, and I have my own about Kanye.

Kanye either doesn't play the guitar, doesn't know how to listen well, and/or doesn't listen critically

There is no synth that can replace a guitar, sax, trumpet or many other instruments.

I play synth guitar/electric guitar and synth sax/acoustic sax.

The synth can do a lot of things the guitar and sax can do, but the guitar and sax can do some things a synth cannot do. On the other hand the synth can do some things the guitar and sax cannot do.

So when I play synth guitar or synth sax, I play it as it's own instrument, for the things it can do that the guitar or sax cannot.

A good guitar player or someone with a critical, trained ear can tell when the guitar is synth. Others may not.

A good sax player or someone with a critical, trained ear can tell when the sax is synth. Others may not.

I don't care how good the samples are. The guitar, sax, trumpet, violin etc. player can coax certain nuances out of his/her instrument that is impossible to do with samples, no matter how many multisamples you have.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Notes

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kanye  West seems to be a very underrated "producer"

and specially text writer , an example ( please don´t try to understand , you will immediately go mad) 

 

 

 

What a flat sound .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 2:47 AM, Notes_Norton said:

Kanye is entitled to his opinion, and I have my own about Kanye.

Kanye either doesn't play the guitar, doesn't know how to listen well, and/or doesn't listen critically

There is no synth that can replace a guitar, sax, trumpet or many other instruments.

I play synth guitar/electric guitar and synth sax/acoustic sax.

The synth can do a lot of things the guitar and sax can do, but the guitar and sax can do some things a synth cannot do. On the other hand the synth can do some things the guitar and sax cannot do.

So when I play synth guitar or synth sax, I play it as it's own instrument, for the things it can do that the guitar or sax cannot.

A good guitar player or someone with a critical, trained ear can tell when the guitar is synth. Others may not.

A good sax player or someone with a critical, trained ear can tell when the sax is synth. Others may not.

I don't care how good the samples are. The guitar, sax, trumpet, violin etc. player can coax certain nuances out of his/her instrument that is impossible to do with samples, no matter how many multisamples you have.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Notes

 

Good statement,Notes,

I don´t think that "West" is a musician .

I haven´t thought that there will be a time to have a hit by simply 

get some samples roughly  with some dense talking at the same time.  

Edited by Pragi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Good statement,Notes,

I don´t think that "West" is a musician .

I haven´t thought that there will be a time to have a hit by simply 

get some samples roughly  with some dense talking at the same time.  

When I listen to music I listen to melody and  harmony. How the chords move and how they react to each other.  This is what tickles my ears.

Next comes rhythm, I like rhythm, but if the melody and chord movement doesn't turn me on, then even a great rhythm will get old to me in 16-32 bars. On the other hand I can listen to something totally rubato and if the chords and melody are strong enough, never get tired of it.

Words last -- and in some songs I never get to the words, they just become articulations of the melody. There are songs I love that I never stopped to listen to the words. OK I'm weird that way, but I accept that.

So most rap music is lost on me since there is no chord movement (boring harmony) no melody, lots of rhythm and words I don't care to listen to.

Insights and incites by Notes

But I'm a musician, so the music part comes first to me. Obviously these things are not as important to the people who make West, Minaj and others superstars.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeahthat.gif

2 hours ago, Pragi said:

Kanye  West seems to be a very underrated "producer"

and specially text writer , an example ( please don´t try to understand , you will immediately go mad) 

 

 

 

What a flat sound .

With an IQ rivaling plant life, this is probably over-achieving.  With everything I saw and heard in the 20-30 seconds I could stomach listening to it, I'm not sure if you can have a lower-class production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

When I listen to music I listen to melody and  harmony. How the chords move and how they react to each other.  This is what tickles my ears.

Next comes rhythm, I like rhythm, but if the melody and chord movement doesn't turn me on, then even a great rhythm will get old to me in 16-32 bars. On the other hand I can listen to something totally rubato and if the chords and melody are strong enough, never get tired of it.

Words last -- and in some songs I never get to the words, they just become articulations of the melody. There are songs I love that I never stopped to listen to the words. OK I'm weird that way, but I accept that.

So most rap music is lost on me since there is no chord movement (boring harmony) no melody, lots of rhythm and words I don't care to listen to.

Insights and incites by Notes

But I'm a musician, so the music part comes first to me. Obviously these things are not as important to the people who make West, Minaj and others superstars.

 

I'm sure most musicians are this way. I know I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 12:10 AM, Pragi said:

i have thought that FL studio is a DAW,.

What do you think about this statement  of Kanye "West"?

 

image.png.32779bc73d129bab5f595bc817c1201b.png

 

 Kanye , Dr Tele Funk ! is " hear for you In Da House!"  We only want's to help you w a cure ....if that is even possible ...

😎

 

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

 

 Kanye , Dr Tele Funk ! is " hear for you In Da House!"  We only want's to help you w a cure ....if that is even possible ...

😎

 

Kenny

Poor Kanye now is in big trouble cause after hearing  really good music the first time in his life he lost the orientation completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...