Back to the space theme :)

I3CNSD1m.png

See even in the future you can't get rid of the Banjo ūüėÜ

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, S.L.I.P. said:

How about this one:

Homer_Simpson_2006.png

Yes¬†ūüôą

i have thought that FL studio is a DAW,.

What do you think about this statement  of Kanye "West"?

image.png.32779bc73d129bab5f595bc817c1201b.png

11 hours ago, Pragi said:

What do you think about this statement  of Kanye "West"?

1. Music with guitars is inherently worse than music without guitars.
  2. Guitars are shit instruments,
  3. theres not a sound you can make with a guitar that you can't make on FL studio
  • (3) is grammatically incorrect, and does not really support the assertion made in (2).
  • There is some truth to (3): a wide variety of guitar sample packs are available.
  • The combination of (2) and (3) do not really support (1).
  • ¬†Assuming (3) is true, it invalidates (1); the music will sound the same with and without guitars.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Kanye is entitled to his opinion, and I have my own about Kanye.

Kanye either doesn't play the guitar, doesn't know how to listen well, and/or doesn't listen critically

There is no synth that can replace a guitar, sax, trumpet or many other instruments.

I play synth guitar/electric guitar and synth sax/acoustic sax.

The synth can do a lot of things the guitar and sax can do, but the guitar and sax can do some things a synth cannot do. On the other hand the synth can do some things the guitar and sax cannot do.

So when I play synth guitar or synth sax, I play it as it's own instrument, for the things it can do that the guitar or sax cannot.

A good guitar player or someone with a critical, trained ear can tell when the guitar is synth. Others may not.

A good sax player or someone with a critical, trained ear can tell when the sax is synth. Others may not.

I don't care how good the samples are. The guitar, sax, trumpet, violin etc. player can coax certain nuances out of his/her instrument that is impossible to do with samples, no matter how many multisamples you have.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Notes

• Like 1

Kanye  West seems to be a very underrated "producer"

and specially text writer , an example ( please don¬īt try to understand , you will immediately go mad)¬†:¬†

What a flat sound .

On 9/10/2019 at 2:47 AM, Notes_Norton said:

Kanye is entitled to his opinion, and I have my own about Kanye.

Kanye either doesn't play the guitar, doesn't know how to listen well, and/or doesn't listen critically

There is no synth that can replace a guitar, sax, trumpet or many other instruments.

I play synth guitar/electric guitar and synth sax/acoustic sax.

The synth can do a lot of things the guitar and sax can do, but the guitar and sax can do some things a synth cannot do. On the other hand the synth can do some things the guitar and sax cannot do.

So when I play synth guitar or synth sax, I play it as it's own instrument, for the things it can do that the guitar or sax cannot.

A good guitar player or someone with a critical, trained ear can tell when the guitar is synth. Others may not.

A good sax player or someone with a critical, trained ear can tell when the sax is synth. Others may not.

I don't care how good the samples are. The guitar, sax, trumpet, violin etc. player can coax certain nuances out of his/her instrument that is impossible to do with samples, no matter how many multisamples you have.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Notes

Good statement,Notes,

I don¬īt think that "West" is a musician .

I haven¬īt thought that there will be a time to have a hit by simply¬†

get some samples roughly  with some dense talking at the same time.  

Edited by Pragi

59 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Good statement,Notes,

I don¬īt think that "West" is a musician .

I haven¬īt thought that there will be a time to have a hit by simply¬†

get some samples roughly  with some dense talking at the same time.  

When I listen to music I listen to melody and  harmony. How the chords move and how they react to each other.  This is what tickles my ears.

Next comes rhythm, I like rhythm, but if the melody and chord movement doesn't turn me on, then even a great rhythm will get old to me in 16-32 bars. On the other hand I can listen to something totally rubato and if the chords and melody are strong enough, never get tired of it.

Words last -- and in some songs I never get to the words, they just become articulations of the melody. There are songs I love that I never stopped to listen to the words. OK I'm weird that way, but I accept that.

So most rap music is lost on me since there is no chord movement (boring harmony) no melody, lots of rhythm and words I don't care to listen to.

Insights and incites by Notes

But I'm a musician, so the music part comes first to me. Obviously these things are not as important to the people who make West, Minaj and others superstars.

• Like 1

yeahthat.gif

2 hours ago, Pragi said:

Kanye  West seems to be a very underrated "producer"

and specially text writer , an example ( please don¬īt try to understand , you will immediately go mad)¬†:¬†

What a flat sound .

With an IQ rivaling plant life, this is probably over-achieving.  With everything I saw and heard in the 20-30 seconds I could stomach listening to it, I'm not sure if you can have a lower-class production.