vocalsynth 2 and bandlab/former SONAR X3 user

vask100

former SONAR user, just migrated everything into bandlab today!! seems pretty straightforward, but i've had an issue that i'm bringing forth to bandlab because i never was able to resolve it in SONAR. i'm trying to get the midi or sidechain application with vocalsynth 2 going to answer with the fx on the vocal track triggered by midi input. i've been able to employ vocalsynth as a plugin directly into an audio track but the other applications have been unsuccessful. midi enable is activated in vocalsynth and i see midi input responding but i don't hear the fx on the vocal track responding to midi notes. one question that i haven't uncovered is the difference between the side chaining and the midi input applications. not sure which would be more effective, but given i haven't worked either, i'd be ecstatic if just ONE gave me the desire effect i want. .......EDIT after further review, i could be having an issue because vocalsynth 2 is not being seen in the plug in manager as a SYNTH, only as an FX. how do i get VS2 to be recognized as both synth AND fx? thanks in advance.

Edited by vask100