Cakewalk and TH3 beeping noise

Hello folks,

Had an SSD failure after 2 months so just reinstalled everything including Platinum and CbB.

I have a track with TH3 and it emits constant regular beeping noises. Do I need to register/authorise it? The Overloud site only has my TH2 registrations and it's all working fine on my other laptop.

Many Thanks!

If it's TH3 Cakewalk edition, then no, you don't have to register it. You just need Cakewalk or Sonar Platinum installed.

Are you maybe using an amp or effect that is only present in the full version?

Edited by msmcleod

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

If it's TH3 Cakewalk edition, then no, you don't have to register it. You just need Cakewalk or Sonar Platinum installed.

Are you maybe using an amp or effect that is only present in the full version?

Thanks. Well, it's a project copied directly from the other machine, which is fine. I don't know if I've installed extra modules - it would be nice if it could give me some indication of what is wrong other than just a constant beep!

It's definitely TH3 because it goes away if I mute all instances.

M

13 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

The word Beeping instantly sounds like "demo mode" to me. I don't know, its only my experiences.

Did you get the Unlocked VST version of TH3 from Overloud when Sonar Platinum ended production with Gibson ?

Thanks Chuck. I haven't started any of the Full Featured Demos and I can't find any TH3 VSTs in my backups or on my old system...

When TH3 is re-installed, it will reset, and default to "stereo" under the master controls (the "Master" button to the left of the tuner). That has caused issues in the past for me, so make sure that the "In source" is set to the proper mono channel there.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mettelus said:

When TH3 is re-installed, it will reset, and default to "stereo" under the master controls (the "Master" button to the left of the tuner). That has caused issues in the past for me, so make sure that the "In source" is set to the proper mono channel there.

Ah, thanks mettelus. If I set it to RIGHT the beep gets louder. If I set it to LEFT it disappears, so I assume that is the correct setting. I'll check my old system later :-)

Cheers!

On 7/14/2019 at 9:25 AM, Murray Webster said:

Ah, thanks mettelus. If I set it to RIGHT the beep gets louder. If I set it to LEFT it disappears, so I assume that is the correct setting. I'll check my old system later 🙂

Cheers!

When the old system is set to Stereo input it doesn't exhibit the same beeping....

At a loss...?

M

I think a big part of that is system dependent. Are you using the same audio interface on both systems? I seem to recall getting both signal attenuation and a feedback situation on different occasions when the stereo input was used, and IIRC was between TH2 and TH3. I also shifted system, but not interface, in that period.

Edited by mettelus

7 hours ago, mettelus said:

I think a big part of that is system dependent. Are you using the same audio interface on both systems? I seem to recall getting both signal attenuation and a feedback situation on different occasions when the stereo input was used, and IIRC was between TH2 and TH3. I also shifted system, but not interface, in that period.

Thanks Mettelus. Yes, same interface, Clarett 4Pre. I have TH2 Full version authorised on both systems as well. 

A clean re-install of either or both CbB and Platinum does not touch VSTs. It will affect the shared folders for all installed Cakewalk DAWs but the uninstall process does not affect files that have been altered or added after install.

Hard to imagine re-installing either DAW will make a difference. but I were contemplating clean re-installs, I would start with first with CbB only, then maybe CbB and Platinum. Always install CbB last.

The CbB instructions are here.

The Platinum instructions are here. I really don't think this is necessary. Anything common between the two would be handed by the CbB re-install.

Are Windows sound enabled in OS? If so, disable them.

46 minutes ago, scook said:

Hard to imagine re-installing either DAW will make a difference. but I were contemplating clean re-installs, I would start with first with CbB only, then maybe CbB and Platinum. Always install CbB last.

Are Windows sound enabled in OS? If so, disable them.

Thanks as always scook

Hmm...maybe that's a default response from Overloud.

Yes, Windows sounds are disabled.

Quick clarification. Did setting input to the left channel resolve this? The more important aspect is that routing is accurate for what you are doing.

Trying to resolve ”stereo” working may be moot, since there is no visibility to what the plug-in is doing. Different modules and patches may respond differently to mono inputs, so some of the issue also lies in TH's handling of a mono input when it is told it is stereo.

Another quick check would be to take a track with issues on stereo, and bounce that mono track to a new stereo track, then ctrl-drag TH into that truly stereo track and see what happens.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:56 PM, mettelus said:

Quick clarification. Did setting input to the left channel resolve this? The more important aspect is that routing is accurate for what you are doing.

Trying to resolve ”stereo” working may be moot, since there is no visibility to what the plug-in is doing. Different modules and patches may respond differently to mono inputs, so some of the issue also lies in TH's handling of a mono input when it is told it is stereo.

Another quick check would be to take a track with issues on stereo, and bounce that mono track to a new stereo track, then ctrl-drag TH into that truly stereo track and see what happens.

Thanks mettelus. I've now tracked it down to a Sony/SoundForge Simple Delay plug-in which I use to thicken mono tracks into stereo - I installed Vegas Video 10 and didn't authorise it, so apologies to you and Overloud for the confusion 😞 Thanks for taking the time to try and track it down for me 🙂 Doh!

Best 

Murray

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Murray Webster said:

I installed Vegas Video 10 and didn't authorise it

If you would please direct your attention towards my 1st post....

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, Chuck E Baby said:

The word Beeping instantly sounds like "demo mode" to me. I don't know, its only my experiences.

Sorry just having fun :D

• Haha 1

Hehe... regular intervals of beeping, white noise, or dropouts are more often indications of something in demo mode (with the transport running (usually)).

One that can easily confuse folks is iZotope's Vinyl... that inserts noise (its job function) even with the transport stopped, so can easily make you think your audio interface just crapped the bed when you re-open a project you've used it in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Hehe... regular intervals of beeping, white noise, or dropouts are more often indications of something in demo mode (with the transport running (usually)).

One that can easily confuse folks is iZotope's Vinyl... that inserts noise (its job function) even with the transport stopped, so can easily make you think your audio interface just crapped the bed when you re-open a project you've used it in.

Exactly mettelus...same thing with Izotope Ozone 🙂