Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I was having some issues activating Melodyne so the company suggested I uninstall it and delete the file named  Celemony.license in C://User/USERNAME/Appdata*/Roaming/Celemony Software GmbH/Licenses. The program is now registered and I can use it and make edits as a standalone. However when I try to use it inside Cakewalk by creating Region Fx, Cakewalk just suddenly crashes with no warning. Also I tried setting up as a Re-wire track and as a plugin with same result.  Any ideas?

Notes:

*Before I uninstalled Melodyne I opened up 2 projects in Sonar Professional to see if maybe Melodyne was activated there and not in Cakewalk but it wasn't. However those two projects are corrupt now and crash as soon as you try to open them.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Tony p
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a similar problem. Creating a Region FX makes for a crash. Maybe someone could help.

IMG_6036.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 8:22 PM, Tony p said:

Hi all,

I was having some issues activating Melodyne so the company suggested I uninstall it and delete the file named  Celemony.license in C://User/USERNAME/Appdata*/Roaming/Celemony Software GmbH/Licenses. The program is now registered and I can use it and make edits as a standalone. However when I try to use it inside Cakewalk by creating Region Fx, Cakewalk just suddenly crashes with no warning. Also I tried setting up as a Re-wire track and as a plugin with same result.  Any ideas?

Notes:

*Before I uninstalled Melodyne I opened up 2 projects in Sonar Professional to see if maybe Melodyne was activated there and not in Cakewalk but it wasn't. However those two projects are corrupt now and crash as soon as you try to open them.

Thanks in advance!

Were the original projects created with a much earlier version of Melodyne? This could be the problem.

You could try renaming the Melodyne subdirectory within your project's folder. This may prevent Cakewalk trying to load it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jasongs said:

I have a similar problem. Creating a Region FX makes for a crash. Maybe someone could help.

IMG_6036.jpg

I've had this happen to me before, when I try to use melodyne immediately after editing a clip.

The workaround was to do "bounce to clip(s)" on the clip before creating the region fx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Tony p and @Jasongs,

May I suggest you open a support request.  You can use the link in my signature.  Also the chief developer, Noel Borthwick, started a thread with details about crash dumps and how to provide them to the developers.  Here is a link to the thread: 

The more information you can provide them the better chance the issue can get resolved.  This not only helps you but also helps all CbB users.

Edited by fogle622

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Were the original projects created with a much earlier version of Melodyne? This could be the problem.

You could try renaming the Melodyne subdirectory within your project's folder. This may prevent Cakewalk trying to load it.

Hey Mcleod. They were projects that I just recently created to test out Melodyne. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, fogle622 said:

@Tony p and @Jasongs,

May I suggest you open a support request.  You can use the link in my signature.  Also the chief developer, Noel Borthwick, started a thread with details about crash dumps and how to provide them to the developers.  Here is a link to the thread: 

The more information you can provide them the better chance the issue can get resolved.  This not only helps you but also helps all CbB users.

Hey fogle. I contacted Melodyne again after I made this post and the next thing they suggested was to uninstall and reinstall Cakewalk. Actually just logged in to the forums to seek advice on that. You think I should contact Noel instead? It's going to be a drag to uninstall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting again by reinstalling Cakewalk Bandlab worked for me. Thanks to each of you for the help. Here is what I got from  Cakewalk Support, quite quickly, too! 

------------------

To completely remove Cakewalk by BandLab from your computer and reinstall it, follow the steps below.

Please note that this will remove any effects presets and key bindings you may have made in Cakewalk by BandLab. You can back these up separately if you like, using Utilities menu > Cakewalk Plug-in Manager, Edit > Preferences > Customization – Keyboard Shortcuts and Edit > Preferences > Customization – Colors.

1) Uninstall Cakewalk by BandLab. This is normally done within the BandLab Assistant app. Go to BandLab Assistant > Apps > Cakewalk by BandLab, click on the arrow on the right side of the tab and select Uninstall. This will not remove any of your plug-ins, project files or audio data. 

2) After the uninstallation completes, open the Run Prompt. In Windows 7, 8, and 10, open the Run Prompt by holding down the “Windows” key and pressing “R” on the keyboard. 

3) At the Prompt, type regedit and click [OK]. 

4) Click [Yes] if asked to allow the program to make changes to your computer. 

Important: When you access the Registry Editor, create a backup by going to File > Export. In the Export Registry File window that comes up, make sure “Export range” is set to “All” and that “Save as type” is set to “Registration Files (*.reg)”. It is very important to create a backup of your registry because if you accidentally delete a registry key there is no undo function. You can, however, double-click on the Registry backup you made above to re-import your registry keys if you make any mistakes. You must re-import your backup (if needed) before restarting your computer. 

5) Delete the following Registry keys: If you do not have one of the Registry keys below, simply proceed to the next one on the list. 
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\ Core 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\ Core HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\ Core 

6) Open the Run Prompt again. 

7) Copy and paste %appdata%\Cakewalk into the prompt and click [OK]. On Windows 7, 8, and 10, the “AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk” folder will open. 

😎 Right-click on the Cakewalk Core folder and choose “Delete.” 

9) Delete the contents of the following directory: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core 

10) At this point, you can reinstall Cakewalk by BandLab from BandLab Assistant. Be sure to use the latest version of BandLab Assistant by clicking the gear at the top left and choose Check for Updates, then go to Apps > Cakewalk by BandLab, and click [Install].
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×