Alphatrack and Soft Synth Control

pinguinotuerto

Does anyone know how to control soft synth parameters/knobs using the Alphatrack? I installed Azlow's plugin and things work very well. I can control, plugins, the ProChannel, sends, faders, etc., but I don't know how to access/assign the buttons on a soft synth to be controlled by the Alphatrack. Is this possible? if so, how? I am very limited regarding computer programming knowledge and tried reading some of the information posted on his site, but honestly, it's way beyond my understanding at this moment. Any help will be appreciated. 

When preset is generated with "ACT" selected for plug-in mode, knobs can be learned to control parameters of plug-in in focus. The procedure is "Plug-in Dynamic Mapping", unfortunately also known as "ACT" (which means several different things).

Alphatrack has display, so you can see what is controlled by encoders. That is not the case for buttons (and device does not have many of them). So only encoders can be assigned. But they can be assigned to "buttons/switches" in plug-ins as well. The same is used f.e. in Komplete Kontrol by NI. They use encoders only for all plug-in parameters.

Alphatrack encoders are assigned to the first  5 "Rotaries" for the mapping purpose, 3+2 parameters in 2 pages. Well, not many... but that is what this device has. The 3d encoder is the second page is "Quick dial". It can control whatever parameter is last modified. F.e. you start control some parameter with mouse, and the continue tweaking with this encoder. No "ACT Learn" is required for that. But that does not work if you have automated some parameter(s).
Also note that the slider can be "flipped" with any of encoders.

PS. To be sure everything you have learned is persistent, you need to use "AZ ACT Fix" from my site. At some moment you can find that all your mappings are gone or what you learn is no longer mapped after Cakewalk restart. That utility check that mapping files are not corrupted, allow quick backup/restore of mappings and can help with mapping for plug-ins which do not react on "ACT Learn" correctly. 

PSPS. Plug-ins normally have many parameters. And Alphatrack has just 3 encoders. For convenience it is better to have at least 8 physical encoders, f.e. "Behringer X-Touch Mini". For Soft Synths it is way more convenient when everything is pre-mapped. F.e. NI NKS.