Song stopped playing

Norlyn

A funny thing happened the other night.  I was recording a track, ans message popped up that my sound card didn't support the current configuration - and the tune went silent.

A few months ago I broke my Focus rite scarlette, and was talked into buying a M-Audio  interface.  It gave me fits for a couple of days until I found a video about changing the sample rate.  Then all worked fine until this sudden snafu.

Well, except on this track - when recording - it was suddenly recording sound on sound on every track.  Which was most annoying.    Whether part of the same issue of not I don't know.  Now - every other song plays fine right now - it is just this one that isn't working properly.  So I decided to download to a thumb drive to move the project to my main PC.  No sound on those tracks.  Then I tried to copy and paste onto a new project.  Apparently the clipboard doesn't support the sample rate recorded. 

I have tried to configure the sample rates - and like I said - all other current projects work just fin.  All but this one........  What could it possibly be?  Thank you in advance for any insight!