CBB Step Sequencer Changing Note Values Esp Triplets

TedPiano

Hi All

Sorry another Q - Trying to Programme Trap Beats in CBB

I've been experimenting with Trap Beats and trying to get the HHat correct - AD2 doesn't really have a HHat Kit piece which sounds the way I want it so I got a HH sample and put it in Session Drummer. But Session Drummer seems a bit limited in that I don't think it has take lanes for adding Triplets & Rolls. (See Below for my workarounds).

When using the Step Sequencer and say for example Kick and Snare are straight 4/4 but I want to put a HHat with Triplets can it be done or is the best solution the PRV & or Drum Pane? 

In the Drum Pane can a Drum Piece be duplicated so I can put the 4/4's on one instance and then put the Triplets & Rolls on the other new instance e.g. HH1 and HH2 i.e. for either Session Drummer or for that matter AD2

Whenever I use AD2 I put the backing 4/4 beat in Take Lane 1 and then add Take Lane 2 for the Triplets & Rolls.

Does any of the above make sense or am I going about this all wrong and there is a much easier way?

If anyone has any thoughts they would be most welcome because it's starting to drive me batty.

Anyway best to all

Ed