Cakewalk Activation Error (20)

Thanks!  The problem is solved, but after  some other manipulations:.

The key 'Image File Execution Options' does not exist on my registry.

As an  emergency solution I tried to  launch my old working Sonar X3 Studio Version and I could open even newer cwp files.
After I tried again to sign in to Bandlab with the new 2023.09 Bandlab version (still changed to "cakewalk1.exe" and it worked.

@Klaus M Old versions of SONAR will always open newer files but without any new feature content. This is because we support backwards and forwards compatibility.

Did you try renaming the file back to cakewalk.exe and trying. If it doesnt work then something  is still blocking the Windows services somehow. As mentioned, there are other apps that install hooks or tamper with Windows for nefarious purporses leading to issues like this.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I tried to renamed  the program file back to cakewalk.exe and it still works also after rebooting. Miraculous.
May be that the same problem arises with next update ...

Thanks for your swift and helpful support. Looking forward to the new SONAR 🙂

To clarify I’m not sure my toast message was the same. I didn’t read it all.  But it is definitely that the web page is slow to open or doesn’t open on the first try. On my main DAW it opened on the 3rd click to the sign in page but showed I was already signed in so I closed it and nothing happened. I opened the help / about and it was all good to go. It just seems the web page is busy right now.