Total Studio Max 4 (Speculative)

cclarry

These are the new products not included in Total Studio Max 3.5 that should end up in Total Studio Max 4 (so far)

New products for Total Studio Max 4

Syntronik 2 Max
Modo Bass 2
Modo Drums 1.5
Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip
Mesa Boogie 2
Resonator

• Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I thought The Resonator wasn't in the previous Total Studio MAX Bundle because the Samples were owned by someone else.

I think the samples belong to Impact Soundworks, but they may include it in Total Studio 4 Max.  I'm just speculating...so who knows...

I am no stranger to speculation myself, so I appreciate your post.   BTW, this was from less than a year ago:

On 10/14/2021 at 6:23 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Don't count on The Resonator and the new T-RackS TASCAM Tape Collection (nor its single processors) being added any time soon. 

but TS 3.5 MAX included:

Tape Machine 24
Tape Machine 80
Tape Machine 99
Tape Machine 440

TEAC A-6100 MKII
TEAC A-3340S
TASCAM 388
TASCAM PORTA ONE

So, as you said, who knows?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I think the samples belong to Impact Soundworks, but they may include it in Total Studio 4 Max.  I'm just speculating...so who knows...

The Resonator was developed by Tracy Collins over at Indiginus. There is also a Kontakt version available but SampleTank adds the built in strumming and pattern engine which is really nice for this title.

@cclarry, don’t forget the new FAME Studio reverb and Tascam emulations could also be included 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

The Resonator was developed by Tracy Collins over at Indiginus. There is also a Kontakt version available but SampleTank adds the built in strumming and pattern engine which is really nice for this title.

@cclarry, don’t forget the new FAME Studio reverb and Tascam emulations could also be included 

That's right...it's Indiginus....

Fame was included in TS Max 3.5 Simeon, as were the Teac/Tascams

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts3/index.php?p=compare

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

The Resonator was developed by Tracy Collins over at Indiginus. There is also a Kontakt version available

I picked up the Kontakt version of the Resonator by Tracy at Indiginus. I'm not really enthused about the strumming and pattern engine in SampleTank 4, although the instruments and samples themselves can be quite nice!

I only had Total Studio 2 Max . To make things more complicated I bought several items that are included in 3.5 MAX, so my advantage is not HUGE in going from 2 to 3.5, especially since I will likely pick up a bunch of the Syntronic synths I don't have in the GB.

Wondering though if I bought 3.5 how much of a discount that will give me when 4 comes out?

Not sure is this is accurate on Musician's friend. It's 3.5 MAX download HERE

Should I jump on this to get 4 MAX for less later @cclarry? I think it has MODO 1.5 which is nice. I already have ST4 MAX so not much to gain there. My main motivation would be to get a better upgrade price on MAX 4

Edited by Tim Smith
  • Like 1

Not sure if it was the best call but I moved from  2 MAX to 3.5 MAX. My best price was 153.00.

For any one considering MAX 3.5 ...look at what's included in the MAX package before you buy software separately. Of course, it's better if you already have an older version of  Total Studio MAX or can get a license transfer from someone else. Check out VERSIONS

Because I bought some items separately besides having MAX 2.  I will have double licenses on them. ARC 3, B3X, TRacks, Sunset sound reverb among others. HOWEVER I picked up other products that would have cost more than my upgrade price. All of the electric pianos, MIXBOX , all of the tape plugins and a bunch of other stuff.

In 3.5 you get Syntronik 2 but will miss those 11 synths in Syntronik 2 MAX. Meaning if you want them all don't ignore the GB unless you want to wait for 4.0. You get MODO drums and MODO Bass 1.5.  I had an older version of MODO bass. I can wait for 2.0 among the other things they will likely add to the future version of Total Studio MAX 4.

If future pricing is anything like present pricing going from 3.5 to 4 would be in the 99.00  range and hopefully include those things cclarry mentioned.

.......Oh and you need 490 gb on a fast drive. Not sure how this would work on a 5400 rpm. 'Might' be ok if the drive was dedicated only to MAX. Not sure.

• Great Idea 1

25 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I'm now on TS MAX 3.5 and I've decided to just live with each TS MAX upgrade from here on and not try to run after ever group buy or BOGO from IK. Simples.

Yep...I only entered THIS group buy to help out the numbers...not that my measly one means a lot...but help is help,
despite really not caring about getting the 11 synths that I don't use...I mean....have....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Not sure if it was the best call but I moved from  2 MAX to 3.5 MAX. My best price was 153.00.

Obviously it's too late for you, but for anybody else...

The best deal on Total Studio is after a new version comes out and then goes on sale.  You will have to pay $$ (maybe $99 or more) to upgrade to TS4, but you might have been able to do the upgrade for around the same price.

But it's totally cool.  You can start enjoying the software right now and there's a value in that.

Don't forget that IK allows you to resell licenses.  All the individual licenses you purchased after TS 2 and before TS 3.5 you can sell.

I don't know, but I think that TS 4 is likely to come out around BF, like TS 3.5 did.    IMHO, they need to sweeten the deal a little bit more to make sure more people upgrade.

So I'm thinking there will be some more T-RackS/AmpliTube processors coming before then, and maybe a new instrument or two.  They might come out with Mixbus 2.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

Thanks for sharing that info, Peter. 
I wonder, as some of us have most of IK’s software, would there be a way to get into Total Studio Max while taking into account everything we already own? 
Also, would like to see upgrades to Total Studio Max payable with Gear Credits. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1