New Audio I/O 24x24 EVO 16 by Audient,.... Hot

jesse g

Audient has a new Audio I/O with 24×24

EVO 16 audio interface

EVO wanted to come up with a super-sized incarnation of its easy-to-use recording gear concept. Up till now, it was exemplified by the simple and portable, but also capable EVO 4 and EVO 8 audio interfaces. The EVO 16 doubles the latter, but the size increase is manageable. The unit fits both desktops and racks (rack ears sold separately) and its chassis is made of solid steel chassis with non-slip rubber feet. That’s just respectable.

The EVO 16 also breaks out the hi-res, full color screen which I still associate with pricier units. It seems decent screens are finally starting to trickle down more affordable models. The screen is being put to use by EVO’s all-new Motion UI control system. It uses to intelligently display information about your session ‘as and when you need it’. Apparently, the experience is comparable to using a Smart device. You know, the sort that kind of knows what you’re going for most of the time and tries to deliver that on tap, with little menu diving required.

With Audient parenting EVO, there’s plenty of that brains and technology going the EVO 16. However, it stays affordably priced and novice-friendly.  An uncomplicated interface with lots of room to plug stuff into that’s non-expensive is definitely something I can get behind. Is there anything in the unit itself stopping one from making the next chart-topper? I seriously doubt it.

Read the specs.

EVO 16 Key Features

8 x EVO Mic Preamps with Smart gain

2 x JFET Instrument Inputs

2 x Independent Headphone Outputs

8 x Line Outputs

2 x Optical Inputs

2 x Optical Outputs

Multi-Channel Smart gain

‘EVO Motion UI’ Control System

High-Res LCD Screen

One Knob Centralized Control

Ultra Clear Metering

Input/Output Control

Channel Status Indication

Programmable Function Button

Ultra-Low Latency Software Mixer

Monitor Control

Audio Loop-back

Word Clock Output

USB 2.0 Type-C Connection

24bit / 96kHz conversion

Price and availability data

The EVO 16 is expected to ship sometime in June and retail for EUR 469 (VAT included).

Learn more about the EVO 16

Included Rack Ears

EVO website

More from the brand

image.thumb.png.2bf245fe81ed3245ebc4bac3f0058755.png

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 1