Jump to content
Tim Smith

I Think There's Something Wrong With Me

Recommended Posts

I don't get as excited about plugins anymore.

I'm probably pulling the guys down over on the deals thread.

Everything seems to be Meh meh meh.

everyone else is like " LOOK AT THAT" and I'm just like meh.

I was in the process of a meh and hurt myself in the process. I suddenly let out a MEHOW. 

I think I friended a couple of cats.

  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

think I friended a couple of cats.

So that is why my Belle perked up ūüėĀ

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

I don't get as excited about plugins anymore.

I don't either. My purchasing of them has gone down drastically in the last year.

I don't see that changing anytime soon... if ever. 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some really good stuff that has come out in the last 4 ~ 5 years. AI is going to change everything. I couldn't live without Ozone 9 Advanced now. Although, my interest in recording is really waning especially as my audience grows smaller with each passing day while also trying to protect the damaged hearing I have left. I can't imagine ever buying another new plugin. If I do it will probably be to upgrade to an even more advanced version of O9A to rehash past bad mixes and masters. The events of the last couple of years have sucked whatever spark I had left right out of me.

And besides, how many compressors, EQ's, chorus, delay, reverb, can you have? To this day Sonitus is still one of my favorite suite of plugins. And some of the really old DX stuff that used to come with Cakewalk. I'd like to see the GUI's updated to be modern and work well, but that would come at the cost of revamping them all and losing what makes them sound good to begin with probably. The Sonitus Reverb and Comp are excellent IMO. The only thing that worked better than the Sonitus EQ in my opinion didn't come along until Melda's Auto Dynamic EQ. I could do anything I ever needed with S-EQ. S-Reverb is still to this day my favorite, but it's very unstable now and can't be used outside of CbB. At least not stably IME.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I don't get as excited about plugins anymore.

Bapu: "Hold my beer"

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Bapu: "Hold my beer"

I was thinking more along the lines of ...

"Hold my Alembic"

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We all probably have more plugins than we'll ever need.

So why do we still check the Deals forum twice a day?

totally-illogical-spock.gif.2a88205e4e45c539157daf1e4104dec9.gif

Edited by PhonoBrainer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, InstrEd said:

So that is why my Belle perked up ūüėĀ

Yeah but she was sorely disappointed when she rounded the corner and seen me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Grem said:

I don't either. My purchasing of them has gone down drastically in the last year.

I don't see that changing anytime soon... if ever. 

You probably own most all of them maybe? It's kinds hard to buy something when you own all of it already.

Of course there is the next version to get all excited about. LOOK! They added a new skin to it. Now we can use COLORS. Oh, and there's new knobs. I don't know what they do but they sure do look purdy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

AI is going to change everything.

Oh yeah. I really get excited about AI. It will eliminate the need to use anything I've learned about mixing over the last 20 years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I was thinking more along the lines of ...

"Hold my Alembic"

I would be very Leary  of holding anything , especially since I'm not quite sure if "alembic" is code speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

You probably own most all of them maybe? It's kinds hard to buy something when you own all of it already.

No, not all. Not even in the same ballpark as Bapu!!

But I do have a lot. I also now own an UA Apollo that has some really great sounding plugins.

Most of the time I use the UAD stuff, Waves, Plugin Alliance, and of course,  IK stuff.

Don't have all the UAD stuff, but I got all I want. Got a lot of PA and IK stuff!! Almost all the Waves stuff too. 

But I have no Slate, McDSP, Softube, and others like those.

There is a lot I don't have. I am just happy with what I do have.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

So why do we still check the Deals forum twice a day?

'cause when you click the Unread Content link, 90% of the posts are on the deals forum, and the remaining 10% about problems with onboard laptop audio and TTS-1 are not interesting. At least, that's my excuse.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Baay said:

the remaining 10% about problems with onboard laptop audio and TTS-1 are not interesting.

Exactly!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

To this day Sonitus is still one of my favorite suite of plugins. And some of the really old DX stuff that used to come with Cakewalk.

I must have a dozen or more purchased  reverbs at my disposal but still insert Lexicon Pantheon first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I don't get as excited about plugins anymore.

I'm probably pulling the guys down over on the deals thread.

Everything seems to be Meh meh meh.

#mehtoo

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, David Baay said:

'cause when you click the Unread Content link, 90% of the posts are on the deals forum, and the remaining 10% about problems with onboard laptop audio and TTS-1 are not interesting. At least, that's my excuse.

I may not get as excited about plugins, but I would miss going to look at the deals forum just in case I might get exited. 

I could play peanut gallery over there and really PO plug in vendors, but that isn't really my style........or is it?

What they say- " If you can't say anything good then don't say anything at all".  I guess it all depends. I wish someone would have sat me down and talked to me about my ex. It wouldn't have been good news. It would have saved me a lot of grief.

We have plenty telling everyone how wonderful all of these instruments and plugins are. Maybe I could be the dark side? I'll need a partner though........wait! my phone just rang. Just heavy breathing and a click.

 

muppets02.0.jpg

Edited by Tim Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2022 at 12:36 AM, Tim Smith said:

I don't get as excited about plugins anymore.

I do. My new inflatable Kylie is arriving on Wednesday.

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I google that? I don't know what it is but I think I know what it is, meaning no I should not google that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

So why do we still check the Deals forum twice a day?

Because we are loyal servants of our King!   

Also we have some great humor going on down here ūüėÄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...