Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Kirby

Lead Me On

Hi Douglas - good solid track - the drums sound really good and has reminded me not to forget AD2

cool

Nigel

• Like 1

Great upbeat, rocking pop-rocker.  Cool indeed!  Good luck with the album.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Douglas - good solid track - the drums sound really good and has reminded me not to forget AD2

cool

Nigel

Thanks Nigel - I hope XLN comes out with an AD3 - we'll see.

11 hours ago, freddy j said:

Great upbeat, rocking pop-rocker.  Cool indeed!  Good luck with the album.

Thanks for listening Freddy.

Posted (edited)

What a cooker Douglas -- from the intro drums on it has a terrific feel and your vocals are spot on.  (there's a bit of Ozzy in your voice amirite?)  I like the mix and the sound of the guitars -- and the bass (could use a little more bottom but hey...).  All in all a really enjoyable listen -- oh, yeah, liked that guitar lead too -- :) -- Allan.

Edited by ABull
  • Like 1

Pretty cool track - everything sounds great. Top work!

Andy

16 hours ago, ABull said:

What a cooker Douglas -- from the intro drums on it has a terrific feel and your vocals are spot on.  (there's a bit of Ozzy in your voice amirite?)  I like the mix and the sound of the guitars -- and the bass (could use a little more bottom but hey...).  All in all a really enjoyable listen -- oh, yeah, liked that guitar lead too -- :) -- Allan.

Hey Allan - thanks for the positive vibes - I liked that you mentioned Ozzy - that's cool.  Yes, the bass is a bit trebly - my Ibanez bass has a good variety of tones to it - so I picked what I thought worked best for the song. Perhaps you're right about it needing a bit more bottom end to it.

15 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Pretty cool track - everything sounds great. Top work!

Andy

Thanks for listening Andy - I appreciate it.

Bit more aggressive vocal than your usual. Excellent guitar work and nicely done drums - very impressive.
-Bjorn

7 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Bit more aggressive vocal than your usual. Excellent guitar work and nicely done drums - very impressive.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn - thanks for listening and for the compliments.

Where have you been douglas?  Hope you are well.  Esp liked the drums on this.  This is one of your best.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Where have you been douglas?  Hope you are well.  Esp liked the drums on this.  This is one of your best.

Thanks for listening David.  I took a bit of a break to write some more songs - always a fun challenge for me.

I would've put a crash cymbal on the very end.  Nice. It takes me back to a good time and place in the 60s. Not much music made like this anymore.

😀John B

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

I would've put a crash cymbal on the very end.  Nice. It takes me back to a good time and place in the 60s. Not much music made like this anymore.

😀John B

Thanks for listening John  - I appreciate it. Yeah, I know what you're saying - I don't really hear any new rock on the radio - only classic rock.