Jump to content
bitflipper

COVID strikes home

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

My wife just caught it. I'm 2 days in testing negative.

The home tests and the ones they do at Rite Aid and Walgreens are worthless. You have to go to a doc and get the one done where they ram the stick 3 inches up your nose and it hurts.

I went to an urgent care place in Blairstown and had it done. The first 2 I did at home and Rite Aid were negative but I kept getting sicker so I had a real test done and they found it.

Edited by Shane_B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

My views are along the lines of the Epoch Times. Nuff said.

I don't have that vsti, but I have heard it is a very good one.  I Personally feel that Rapture Pro is very underrated and wish that it were still available for purchase so that others could experience it.

I have met some people that would be proud to get covid.  Beware of Darkness Tim.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Hope she only has a mild case!   That is the problem with Covid, you just don't know how you're going to react to this virus.  My wife's coworker had it really bad and two other coworkers were so mild it was like they didn't have anything.

Thanks @InstrEd Appears to be very mild at this point. My job is pretty much isolated, so I went in. I appreciate the words there Shane. My wife is a school teacher so it was probably only a matter of time. I am surprised she went this long without catching it. Luckily it isn't that bad for her. Hope you start to improve soon.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

The home tests and the ones they do at Rite Aid and Walgreens are worthless. You have to go to a doc and get the one done where they ram the stick 3 inches up your nose and it hurts.

I went to an urgent care place in Blairstown and had it done. The first 2 I did at home and Rite Aid were negative but I kept getting sicker so I had a real test done and they found it.

But...............

I want a test that reads negative ;) Who wants a positive test?  What I don't know won't hurt me.....hopefully.

I hear ya @Jesse Screed

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now my sister who is in bad shape has it.

I never should have come here.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

never should have come here.

Okay that I have to agree on as you went to NJ 😆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously hope your sister has a mild case of it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my 4th shot (2nd booster) on Friday and I had a tender/sore arm in the shot area for two days. The Lovely Lady had a mild upset stomach and wore arm (just like the three other times).

I've not knowingly been around anyone with it. My circle of physically seen friend is limited to about 20 people (all fully vaxxed). I can't attest to their exposures but most are either retired or work from home.

I go to a sit down restaurant once a week (location varies) with most of these 20 friends. 

We, atm, won't go to indoor theaters or large "concert like" settings regardless of venue.  

Lastly, I think I had an early case of it in Nov 2019. Very flu like and coughing for about 10 weeks. That was back when our company had a physical space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bapu said:

 My circle of physically seen friend is limited to about 20 people (all fully vaxxed).

 

 

You know 'vaxxed' people can carry it and spread it around just as easily as the 'unvaxxed'...right?

 

(Some analyst pointed out that 'vaxxed' people can have it and not show symptoms so they go out and about their business which actually makes things worse.  The 'unvaxxed' show symptoms and are more likely to stay home). 

 

('Vaxxed' in quotation marks because it really isn't a vaccine.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RobertWS said:

('Vaxxed' in quotation marks because it really isn't a vaccine.)

Yeah--this has always bothered me. I can't remember how many times I said, "It does NOT prevent you from getting COVID; it just decreases the odds you will die from it."  Of course, I still refer to cooking food in a microwave as nuking it even though I know the food is not being bombarded with nuclear radiation. Or is it?  😜 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RobertWS said:

 

You know 'vaxxed' people can carry it and spread it around just as easily as the 'unvaxxed'...right?

 

(Some analyst pointed out that 'vaxxed' people can have it and not show symptoms so they go out and about their business which actually makes things worse.  The 'unvaxxed' show symptoms and are more likely to stay home). 

 

('Vaxxed' in quotation marks because it really isn't a vaccine.)

I am fully aware of that. I did mean to offer that a solution for me or anyone else, it was just a statement of what I choose to do.

Edited by Bapu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still testing negative here. 

Using those inaccurate tests.

I like the results they give.;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

Still testing negative here. 

Using those inaccurate tests.

I like the results they give.;)

 

I think the home test actually did more harm as people  took the home test and believed the results :(

Please let this darn Covid-19 subside. We have all had enough of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Yeah--this has always bothered me. I can't remember how many times I said, "It does NOT prevent you from getting COVID; it just decreases the odds you will die from it."  Of course, I still refer to cooking food in a microwave as nuking it even though I know the food is not being bombarded with nuclear radiation. Or is it?  😜 

I used that term last week and my daughters looked at me like what are you talking about.   I said "Just Nuke it for 30 seconds"  😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RobertWS said:

(Some analyst pointed out that 'vaxxed' people can have it and not show symptoms so they go out and about their business which actually makes things worse.  The 'unvaxxed' show symptoms and are more likely to stay home). 

 

My wife has been trying to get that point across to patients to no avail!  It is like they don't care and are going to go about their daily routine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, User 905133 said:

"It does NOT prevent you from getting COVID; it just decreases the odds you will die from it."

Just like "safety belts" in automobiles, they don't prevent you from getting hurt, they just decrease the odds you won't die in a collision.

Then of course there is "birth control methods," (to numerous to list, but the ancient Egyptians used alligator poop.)

I'm not trying to foment a kerfuffle, I'm just pointing out that words are abused.  I suggest we call the covid vaxxine "the might just save your derriere prickly poke, unless of course it doesn't😜."          😄

Fay çe que vouldras, with certain restrictions of course.  For instance, never say "those jeans make your derriere look big," unless you are going for that Brazil thing.

You see what I'm trying to say?

Edited by Jesse Screed
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Just like "safety belts" in automobiles, they don't prevent you from getting hurt, they just decrease the odds you won't die in a collision.

 

Actually, safety belts DO decrease the likelihood and severity of injury.   (Still, I hate them, I wish I could disable that annoying chime!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem the effects of COVID on my vaccinated wife are less severe than the effects her close friend has who was not vaccinated.

I have been pumping lots of zinc, vitamin C and other vitamins into my system. I was concerned not getting enough rest might inhibit my immunity, but not concerned enough to go to bed on time.

Like Bapu, I had a constant hacking cough early on that lasted for maybe a month. This was at the same time COVID was bad with people in hospitals. While I can't be sure, I think I had it then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

arg my missus now has it, and she's double-jabbed and boosted

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

arg my missus now has it, and she's double-jabbed and boosted

It keeps mutating and so expect us all to get it. The shots will just hopefully keep you from ending up with a bad case of it. I'm double boosted and still wear a mask in public.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from ER a few hours ago. Chest pain. Couldn't breathe. All tests came back ok. No fluid or swelling. They said its just Covid running its course. Still test positive so they said I have to quarantine until all symptoms are gone. Could take up to 60 days.

I'm staying here till Sunday and leaving Monday morning. Its over here and i have to leave. 

What a horrible nightmare this has been.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...