Atmos Piano

Addictive Keys free studio grand works just great on a 48 key controller = 4 octaves. https://www.xlnaudio.com/demos

https://www.xlnaudio.com/products/addictive_keys/instrument/studio_grand

A random list of the 8 Best FREE Piano VST Plugins in 2022  https://www.producersphere.com/best-free-piano-plugins/

I have only used one of these 8, Soft Piano, from the Spitfire Audio LABS series. Even better is the LABS Glass Piano, particularly the Glass Grand preset.

• Recorded at his home in New York City, this is legendary composer Philip Glass's beloved piano. His entire breadth of compositional work over the past 30 years has been written on this piano — including seminal works The Piano Etudes, all of his Academy Award-nominated film scores, and hundreds of other compositions. Discover the unique sonic personality of this baby grand with a range of sounds — from classic and beautiful, to soft and atmospheric.

There are currently 47 free instruments in the LABS series, with regular additions. Worth checking out! Downloads are available via the Spitfire Audio app. The plugin doesn't require Kontakt or anything, as Spitfire now uses it's custom player plugin [VST2, VST3, AAX and AU], for all Spitfire libraries. https://labs.spitfireaudio.com/#type=&search=&new=true

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

There are currently 47 free instruments in the LABS series, with regular additions. Worth checking out! 

I am new to this series.  Once I downloaded and installed the free app, I only saw "FREE" in the artwork on nine of the 47 instruments.  Are all 47 free?  Glass's Piano didn't say "Free" but clearly the video from two months ago says "Free." 

An infinite series of FREE software instruments, made by musicians, for musicians — for anyone, anywhere. Presented in our dedicated, award-winning plugin, it's easy to use and compatible with any DAW.

Hmmmm.

Edited by User 905133

@User 905133All LABS instruments are definitely free to download and use, for personal or professional use, once you sign up for a Spitfire Audio account. No catches, other than  a few hoops to jump though involving signing up &  installing the Spitfire Audio app, which is a download manager that you will use to access any Spitfire libraries you may have purchased, plus the free LABS instruments.

From the LABS FAQ:

WHAT IS LABS?

LABS is a series of free software instruments, available in our easy-to-use, dedicated plug-in. The user interface is clutter-free and focused, featuring simplified controls, sliders for expression and dynamics, and a knob that can be easily customised to the user’s personal workflow.

I have them all, and it didn't cost anything. IMO, one of the greatest "FREE" deals around these days!

John "Skippy" Lehmkul of PluginGuru has even published a (free) Unified patch library to use with LABS in Unify (not free). Highly recommended! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

Thanks for the details.  I downloaded a few of them (just to see what the deal was) and put then them into Voltage Modular as a quick host to take a look/listen.  They worked and while the LABs UI is super minimal (so far as I saw), a bunch of parameters show up as controllable though VM's I/O Plug-in Host.  The idea of doing something minimal with Glass's Piano appeals to me!!  

Edited by User 905133

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I downloaded a few of them (just to see what the deal was) and put then them into Voltage Modular as a quick host to take a look/listen. 

Wait, say what? I have Voltage Modular and wasn't aware that it could host VST plugins. For me it's just the rack modules that are programmed to work in VM...

OK, wow I had never seen that! Not mentioned in the manual. Running Voltage Core here, so many modules that I have not even tried yet, LOL!

I also have the Vintage Voice modules bundle that allow you to insert the DCO-60 (Juno-106) and the SynthVoice  (ARP 2600) into VM as complete instruments, which is pretty cool.

But being able to use any plugin almost seems like cheating. Ha! :)

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, abacab said:

But being able to use any plugin almost seems like cheating. Ha! :)

I have test driven a number of my plug-ins (Soft Synths and FX) using VMs Mini Plug-in Host and Plug-in Host modules.  Virtual modulars are not for everyone, but it matches my personal workflow preferences.  Some plug-in makers expose more parameters than other.  Useful to me for automating the parameters by patching in CVs.  I prefer it it to Cakewalk's methods.  For me its rewarding that within Cakewalk, Voltage Modular can host all sorts of plug-ins.  Not really cheating, just different workflows.  Seeing cables helps me know what's going on.  "Intuitive" for me having worked with a Moog in college.  

Not all plug-ins work within VM.  Most of mine do, but I have some that don't.

Edited by User 905133
fixed a typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 7:54 PM, bdickens said:

Must not have been that important.

I’m always curious about 1 post wonders. They did return on the 19th by which time there was a bunch of good replies. So in this case it’s one of the most common where they ask a question, get an answer, but do not respond.
My favourite is when the thread goes on for 2 pages, Nobody seems to notice the OP never responded, and someone digs it up 2 years later and asked the 1 post wonder OP if they ever solved the issue. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bdickens said:

I just think its flat-out f+ing rude to ask a question and not acknowledge any of the replies.

I guess we could be rude and give them a 👎 "Meh" like, and the OP would go negative, but that's not like us to do such a thing, right?

On 4/30/2022 at 10:41 AM, abacab said:

I guess we could be rude and give them a 👎 "Meh" like, and the OP would go negative, but that's not like us to do such a thing, right?

Pointless for OPW's.

I don't mind them so much; if the discussion turns into something helpful. Those of us blabbermouths must remember that most of the people who visit and read this forum never even post. Not once. So the more information we can lay down, the better. I do it for the lurkers.😄

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, EOD Spam said:

Any of the replies.. the first reply is literally you to tell him to "move on", well he moved one. Y'all continued your conversation without him that's all. He asked for Atmos Piano, none of y'all gave him, if he's "flat-out f+ing rude" then you guys are "flat-out f+ing" useless.

I had to sign in just to tell you :)

Bless your heart.

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2022 at 10:40 AM, abacab said:

OK, wow I had never seen that! Not mentioned in the manual. Running Voltage Core here, so many modules that I have not even tried yet, LOL!

It's in the module comparison (Mini Plugin Host). That module is only available for Core and you can't purchase it for any other version. It doesn't even show on the store.