Sign in to follow this  
CosmicDolphin

Nested Folders

Posted (edited)

When making stems for music libraries it's very handy to use track folders, but they often want sub-catergories i.e. Guitars as the main stem but also Rhythm and Lead separately. Nested sub folders would make this very simple. 

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
spelling
  • Like 7

+1 to this.

Quite often I want to group parts of a song into track folders, especially if it's a particularly long one. This helps to keep the visible track view uncluttered and focused on the parts I'm currently working on.

But then I'd also want to group things like guitars, vocals etc into their own folders.

Additionally, for synths that have multiple outputs I want to put the MIDI/Audio track together in a folder - at least until instrument tracks support multiple out synths ;)

• Like 1

We have been asking for this for a long time. Not long after folders were introduced as a new feature people started asking for nested folders.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, Grem said:

We have been asking for this for a long time. Not long after folders were introduced as a new feature people started asking for nested folders.

Wow that's been a really long time then, I was using track folders for 10yrs in 8.5 ..not quite sure when they were introduced.

8 hours ago, CosmicDolphin said:

Wow that's been a really long time then, I was using track folders for 10yrs in 8.5 ..not quite sure when they were introduced.

Yes. A very long time ago!! : )