Here's my version of an old King Harvest hit from 1972.   

https://baselines.com/?p=6444

Here's a quote by Sherman Kelly, who penned the song:

On a trip to St. Croix in 1969, I was the first victim of a vicious St. Croix gang who eventually murdered 8 American tourists. At that time, I suffered multiple facial fractures and wounds and was left for dead. While I was recovering, I wrote "Dancin In The Moonlight" in which I envisioned an alternate reality, the dream of a peaceful and joyful celebration of life.

image.png.45fcebda04ed45bc203cdf64d7bfd248.png

• Like 5

They play this song quite frequently in one of the east coast chain supermarkets I go to. In a sense the supermarket is an alternate reality that celebrates a wonderful pastime--eating food!  And I only go shopping when other customers don't bark and bite. Hmmmm.  Maybe they play the song so customers get the subconscious message to be peaceful?

In any case, this is a very enjoyable cover!  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

In an interview on TV Sherman Kelly revealed the rather sinister story behind this song. It is a good cover.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 6:09 PM, User 905133 said:

They play this song quite frequently in one of the east coast chain supermarkets I go to. In a sense the supermarket is an alternate reality that celebrates a wonderful pastime--eating food!  And I only go shopping when other customers don't bark and bite. Hmmmm.  Maybe they play the song so customers get the subconscious message to be peaceful?

In any case, this is a very enjoyable cover!  Thanks for sharing.

LOL!  Thanks for the feedback!

Nice cover - I like it! Were the vocal harmonies sung, or done with a vocal tool? Great sound either way!

Nice job on this cover of a song I've always liked - I didn't know the story behind it - thanks for posting that. Mix sounds good.

On 2/11/2022 at 6:50 PM, antler said:

Nice cover - I like it! Were the vocal harmonies sung, or done with a vocal tool? Great sound either way!

Thanks!  Two of the vocals were sung, two were created with Melodyne.  All were 'fixed up' with Melodyne.  I am certainly not a vocalist, but Melodyne helps make things at least bearable!

On 2/12/2022 at 10:09 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Nice job on this cover of a song I've always liked - I didn't know the story behind it - thanks for posting that. Mix sounds good.

Thank you Douglas!