MercenaryToaster

How to import SF2 files into cakewalk?

I just got cakewalk, and I wanted to use some of my soundfounts, but I can't figure out how to make them into a track, is there a soundfount player i should use? 

1 hour ago, Variorum said:

Recommending that to a newbie is like giving a bottle of vodka and the keys to the Ferrari to your teenage son... 😬

Cakewalk itself is quite a handful for newbies....

😁

Just keep it simple, and start with sforzando! 😉

I find that I need to open the TX16WX manual EVERY time I attempt to use it. It's probably the best all-around free sampler, but a bit of overkill for playing a sound font.

1 hour ago, MercenaryToaster said:

the SFZ player can also do SF2s right?

You are probably thinking of "sfz+", which was a soundfont .sf2 player. (sfz+ no longer available) https://www.kvraudio.com/product/sfzand_by_cakewalk

The "sfz" player loads .sfz files, such as those used by sforzando, and Cakewalk's .sfz based instruments like Dimension Pro and others. The sforzando player can load a .sf2 file and convert it to .sfz, but some have mentioned that it's not always an exact result.

The file formats are different, as .sfz is strictly a text file, that maps to external sample files, where .sf2 soundfonts included the samples within the .sf2 formatted file.